Thread: MIP Care

RC Qualifier

MIP Care

I am buying a set of MIP's for my slash and i have read several different problems with them, but i am getting the MMP2400 and i do not want to deal with the driveshafts breaking. My main questions are, what should i loctite? What is the pin that everyone says falls out?( so i can watch for that ) and what are maintnence for them?
    Thank you for your inputs
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    I have the same questions

RC Racer
    I have a 2400 running on 4s only on monstertruck tires and I have not had any problems with the mip x-dutys yet.

Loctite all the screws. I have had mine for a year, never lost anything. I suggest blue loctite. That way if you need to take them apart, its not so bad. Just make sure to let them sit over night before you use them. The loctite needs to dry.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    As stated in the thread above this one, make sure the flat spot on the pin is facing where the set screw goes through! (it's hard to notice but it's there).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by joffadan View Post
    As stated in the thread above this one, make sure the flat spot on the pin is facing where the set screw goes through! (it's hard to notice but it's there).
    +1111 on the Flat spot.. I made that mistake, didnt notices it till i was looking at the diagram and saw the flat section
    had to break the loctite seal and wait another day before i could run my slash.. UGGHH i guess thats how you learn..
    BASH!! BASH!! BASH!! & BASH IT AGAIN!! <CAGE RAGE>

RC Qualifier
    i guess i will have to wait until they get here because i have no idea what the flat spot is! haha

RC Qualifier
    LOL Its the same flat spot that is on your shaft of your motor where the pinion Goes. If the screw
    is tighten on the rounded side it will always come loose from the vibration of the motor.
    rounded edges nothing to keep it in place But when you screw it into the flat spot it cant go anywhere
    especialy when you use blue loctite.. you can also go to MIP website to see the diagram..

RC Qualifier
    oh no i wasnt talking about the motor i was talking about the mips. but yeah i know that haha

RC Qualifier
    I just installed these I had to go to their site to figure out the assembly follow it step by step and defiantly use loctite on the set screws
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    LOL... MIPs axels is what im talking about i was using the motor shaft as an example..
    sorry to confuse you..