RC Qualifier

ok my mip's are making me very angry

hey guys. i have been having trouble with my mip axles. the first thing that happened was one of the outdrive cuplings came lose and got lost while bashing even with red loc tite. the second is now i have a stripped screw on them. what can i use to take the screw out?
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Qualifier
    Dynamite! Lol thats gonna suck gettn off there. Which screw. I have takin a soldering iron and put the tip on the screw to warm up and burn off loctite before.
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Qualifier
    its the screw that holds it to the diff

RC Qualifier
    Oh wow did u loctite it . If so i would try the solder gun trick and grab a couple different hexs and work work work this aint gonna b easy i wouldnt suggest drilln it
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Qualifier
    i might try to drill it. but first ill try the solder trick

RC Qualifier
    try to jam a small torx bit into it to grab it; I've done that several times with stripped hexes

When you put it back together, use blue loctite. You might not have had a screw tight enough when you first put it together. With red Loctite you cant re-tighten it. Blue you can tighten and loosen things a.nd have a good hold on the screws. Good luck to you! If you don't already have them, get a quality set of drivers. It makes tightening things a whole lot easier.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    before attempting to remove the stripped screw, heat it to whatever temp the loctite says to break the loctite so your night fighting the loctite and the stripped screw at the same time.
    +1 on quality drivers especially with use of loctite

RC Competitor
    Not sure if you noticed whilst assembling your MIPS, but the pins that hold the whole assembly together have a flat spot which the set screw is supposed to sit on when screwed in all the way. They will not stay together if you're not using the flat spot, no matter how much loctite you use. Ask me how I know