RC Competitor

Slipper clutch maybe?

okay first things first it's a all stock summit, any broken parts were replaced with stock replacement ones
    one day my transmission started making a clicking noise in low gear so I took apart the transmission and found a broken bearing, but nothing else wrong so I brought some traxxas lithium grease and replaced the bearing and put it back together.
    for some reason every time I hit the throttle the spur gear spins for a second or so and than the truck takes off. I've tried both loosening and tighting the slipper but it seems to make no difference? Did put the transmission back together wrong or is it even possible to put the gears in the wrong spots? Or is it possible to over tighten the sliper and ruin it?
    Any help would be apreciated

RC poster
    Take the slipper pads and sand them a little with some fine grit sand paper. They prolly have glossed over and won't grip. Do it to the pads and the ring

RC poster
    I would spray the pads and rings with brake cleaner. I would also order more bearings for the slipper cause i keep braking mine anyone else have a problem with that?
    What are those tracks in the snow from???

RC Competitor
    Hi, i was about to post a question like yours, but i'll try to make a small video of the problem, if it's like mine is not coming from the slipper. Correct me if i'm wrong, what you're trying to explain, is when you're in first gear (take out the spur cover) the spur and the slipper make a 3/4 of a turn before the truck starts moving? and when in second gear this takes only an 1/8 of the turn before the truck moves. I think it's normal because of the of the first gear ratio, but i'll check with a friends new summit to check if it's normal because in mine nothing is broken, not noisy, and really smooth when driving.

RC Competitor
    It's more like the spur gear turns 7-8 turns before the truck starts moving. In second gear the spur only turns 2-3 times and I was wondering if there was to much slop in the transmission. It's almost like theres to much play between the gears that it has to turn several times to get the play out of there to start moving. I know that wasn't there before I started having problems.
    I stripped the gears in the shift servo, so I have to get a new gear set tomorrow.
    Last edited by dggsshwn; 01-24-2012 at 05:50 PM.