RC Competitor

just picked up a 1/16 summit

Well I just picked up a 1/16 summit with 2 11.1 lipos with the parellel connector, truck is def sweet but doesn't handle like my revo 3.3. So I went back to LHS and did some upgrade shopping. This is what I picked up
    rpm control arms and axle carriers for all around, traxxas cvds and aluminum push rods and toe links, black and blue rate springs, center diff kit, some 500k diff oil, and 80w shock oil. I don't think I missed anything but the truck should be a lot tighter and have less body roll and not bottom out after jumping off the curb. Anyone have any other suggestions? Or did I cover everything?

RC Competitor
    Oh I did forget I also picked up a set of proggressive 2 rockers

RC Racer
    screw in the schock preload adjusters to put more tension on springs

Let us know how long the RPM knuckles last. Most that have them have switched to HR or GPM aluminum due to the pillows and bearings popping out of the RPM knuckles.

Be sure to check out the thread listed below before you do too much driving...
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-your-bulkhead
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Well I ended up not installing the rpm knuckles, as the screws for them are very cheap and I stripped on out with like 5 turns on it, and looks like I will be picking up some shims. Granted I've ran one lipo charge thru it, the different seemed tight in the bulkheads. I will run it a few more times and check again. And I will be looking into some aluminum knuckles as I am not impressed with the rpm ones.

RC Competitor
    Got the diffs shimmed up, both only took 1 at .003 any more and they were too tight, and I have a set of golden horizon axle carriers coming.