RC Enthusiast

Slash 4x4 or not?

Im looking at buying a slash 4x4 but i have been on here several times and i have read a lot of threads that say its not a very good truck and that things break easily and often and from not too much stress, im just wondering if this is true or did these people just get a "bad" truck which i know can happen as many as they make and sell.
    Thanks for all your help

RC Racer
    in my opinion the slash is one of the most durable compared to other short course trucks, and the slash 4x4 is really popular so finding upgrades and spare parts is really easy. it depends what you want to get in though, if your a basher then defiantly get the slash and if you a racer than it may take a little more money to get the slash to place with other short course trucks

RC Qualifier
    well i can tell you this. i have a mamba max pro esc and 2400kv motor combo on 3s lipo (aka really really fast) and just today i went out bashing going over 10 ft jumps full speed nose diving flipping cartwheeling and everything nothing broke through 2 packs. i climbed mulch hills and dirt hills because its four wheel drive. so in the area of durability IMO its one of the best. stock speed not the best but certainly fast enough to have fun. so i think its a great truck and the water proof thing is really handy in wet places. and ive also sunk my truck and continued to drive it one day
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Racer
    I have 2 pede's and a slash 4x4. My cousin, my son, and I went bashin' today in the snow. I ran my slash. It was the toughest truck by far. I blew 2 front tires off the rims ( I'm hard on a truck), and the tray was weighted down with snow.... and it still wouldn't stop.

RC Qualifier
    hehe i like that. i dont like it when people baby their trucks
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Racer
    If you are looking to bash, the slash 4x4 is by far the best short course truck out there. Now if your looking to race, buy a losi scte 4x4 because the slash 4x4 is not a racer!
    Rusty VXl
    Spartan
    HPI Sprint2 VXL
    Slash 4x4 PE

RC Qualifier
    I only bash my car and i love it. I havent had any problems, i have owned 7 traxxas cars and this one by far is the greatest. there are so many parts that you can upgrade to also. I drive my car hard and and it takes on so much with my driving and i am always happy with the way it reacts.
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    I've been a basher for over 30 years now and I can honestly say my Slash 4x4 is the most durable R/C I've ever owned

I constantly beat the living cr@p out of it and it keeps coming back for more

Yes, things will break, but that goes for basically every R/C out there

Everything on the Slash is super simple to fix and parts are available at any LHS worthy of calling themselves one

Combine that with the best warranty in the biz and the fact that it's waterproof

You just can't go wrong

I have owned and sold a whole lot of rc's! The Slash 4x4 is the only one that i have kept and continue to drive. It takes a beck of a beating and keeps going! I also have the 2400 system geared for 70+ mph! I have run into things, slid on it lid and just awful things at a high rate of speed! 99% of the time, nothing breaks
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    slash 4x4 all the way. For bashing, its good because if you get caught, you have 4 wheels spinning instead of two rear wheels. You can also find a 4x4 real cheap. I bought one for 130 and it runs mint. The first thing to do if you buy a 4x4 slash, upgrade to the RPM a arms. All 4 will run you about 22 bucks. Get a heatsink and an esc fan, they keep you cooler. If your still looking for a truck, check your local craigslist and your bound to get one for a good deal.

RC Competitor
    I have a Slash PE and as soon as I unboxed it I installed a GH motor mount and replaced the plastic bushing. I added a fan for the motor and esc, undercover along with an outterwares cover. I have only broken 2 rear axles running 2 and 3s. I feel I beat it pretty good and have either been lucky with the a-arms or need to beat it more. I also have 2 3903 E-Maxxs and a Blitz. Each E-Maxx always seems to be breaking something. The Blitz has been very durable and can take a beating but its 2wd, disadvantage compared to the Slash. I would take the Slash over any of these trucks and my kids always want to run it instead of the others. My 0.02 is buy a Slash 4x4, keep it an SC or convert to an MT and bash it either way.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all your input, i ordered my slash two days ago and im trying to wait patiently for it to get here. Im not looking into racing at this time more bashing and terrorizing the neighbors cats, lol. Im very thankful for all the great input and helpful info. I look forward to chatting on here more later when i need help. ( im sure i will) Thanks again