RC Champion

Traxxas Link wont Bind

So ime finally up grading the old 27mhz for the Link system and ive gone through the Link procedure multiple times and it doesnt want to link, the longest ive waited so far was about 5 min. How long does it usually take? Everything is conected proper and all my batteries are charged. Its also a new Link system. Thanks for any help.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    all you have to do is press and hold the transmitter's SET button as you turn it on. Press and hold the receiver's LINK button as you power up your model, then wait for the transmitter's and receiver's status LEDs to turn solid green—which only takes a second or two.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    Ive done this about 50 times and all the lights do is flash red.....now i also notice that ive got a 2218 and the pede manual says it uses a 2218x. What is the difference?

RC Champion
    I don't think there is any difference The x is probably newer version i thought the x has the temp sensor port but I'm sure my 2218x Doesn't have a temperature port.
    Last edited by trax de max; 01-31-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Champion
    Well ime about to order a new 2218x to see if it might be a broken receiver, from what ive read all the black link systems will link up.

RC Champion
    they should link up. I'm sure i read the TQ~i is compatible with the 2218x also
    do you have to callibrate the esc again with the new receiver
    Last edited by trax de max; 01-31-2012 at 12:14 PM.

RC Champion
    i cant calibrate the esc till the radio reads the receiver...

RC Champion
    i remember it took me about six goes but can't remember what i did on the last go. i tried everything including touching antennas then having a metre space between,turning off the 2.4 system in the house incase that was interfering switching off the microwave. I just can't remember what i did to make it work.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    i remember it took me about six goes but can't remember what i did on the last go. i tried everything including touching antennas then having a metre space between,turning off the 2.4 system in the house incase that was interfering switching off the microwave. I just can't remember what i did to make it work.
    Well i read this and straight to the truck to touch ant. and try again .... green lights first try and thanks alot. No matter where and how far i had the controller away it would not link until the ant. were touching.

RC Champion
    good good, after it was binded i had no issues with range outside. So hopefully all is good with yours.