RC Racer

Any recommendations of a new stronger body

Looking to replace my stock ultimate body since it's beyond repair.
    I mostly bash with the truck, so looking for a stronger body i guess.

Anyone have any experience with multiple bodies by Jconcepts or Proline.
    I was considering Jconcepts illusions manta, or dare.
    Any recommendations either way and why.
    Thanks Mike

RC Qualifier
    I like proline better over jconcepts.. I own both

Tapatalk Pro
    7107 Merv Brushless, Soon to be Big Block

RC Racer
    Which proline model, any reason one over the other.
    Thanks
    Last edited by monello43; 01-21-2012 at 04:33 PM.

RC Racer
    any of the pro-line bodies for SC, I used to buy slayer bodies for my slash since they were .60 lexan whereas the slash bodies are .40 , they stopped doing that a while ago though
    Slash 4X4 MMP
    Slash 4X2 LCG

RC Qualifier
    +1 on proline bodies! love the floteks.
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Racer
    Wow ultran likin your flotek and paint job. Looks like you have air vents to on hood which is good.
    How is the durability of that tho.

RC Qualifier
    i would think with the flo-tek cutting all those holes would greatly reduce the durability
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Racer
    Yes, I thought flo-tec are great for racing (parashuting issues) but not sure about being the best durability for bashing.
    Anybody have a body that really has taken a beating and is recommended.

RC Qualifier
    I replace a zip-tie or two on mine every few packs, but otherwise this "body" has proven to be quite strong

cheap Integy roll cage (not an Integy fan by any means, but it came with the truck when I got it used...) and a $5 18 gallon plastic tote from Lowe's all hacked up, and zip ties of course

heavy as a pig though...

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the compliments. heres the thing. since ive had the flotek ive noticed that if i go back to my stock body, im flipn over and parachuting way more which lands me on my top. sooooo with my flo tek i dont flip and land on my lid as much, so the body doesnt deal with as much impacts as it would because it helps prevent the parachute rollover. in theory atleast. the proline body seems to be on the side on not cracking instead it tends to bend and havent cracked it "YET". my buddy has a jconcepts body and its good too . but he parachutes alot. so his body takes a beating. hopes this helps ya!
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Qualifier
    WOW THATS IS AMAZING LOOKIN BLEEDER WOW. GREAT WORK . MAN IM JEALOUS NOW I GOTTA GO BUY MORE STUFF. A REAL BAJA LOOK . BE COOL TO ADD A GI JOE AND A MACHINE GUN TURRET ON THE BACK. GREAT MAD MAX LOOK.
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Racer
    Anybody with a proline desert rat body, it states that it's made from genuine GE .040 thick lexan, so it's as durable as the punishment you throw at it?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
    I replace a zip-tie or two on mine every few packs, but otherwise this "body" has proven to be quite strong

cheap Integy roll cage (not an Integy fan by any means, but it came with the truck when I got it used...) and a $5 18 gallon plastic tote from Lowe's all hacked up, and zip ties of course

heavy as a pig though...
    That is awesome! What kind of tote is this? I am gonna make one of these!
    Last edited by 98whitelightnin; 01-21-2012 at 08:01 PM.

RC Champion
    Just use shoe goo and drywall tape the body and it will hold up well. Btw nice paint job...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Ya those the hottest lookn slash!how about some more pics and ur thoughts bleeder?
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Racer
    The desert rat was a great body - one of the toughest I've used. Probably my next one. The Bajr has really held up well also; one crack that has been fixed and it is still taking a beating. I've broken several mounts and a shock tower and the body is still doing well. The Baja did ok but is not very aerodynamic and at high speeds tends to parachute and flip over.

RC Racer
    yea the desert rat seems like its a good all around tough basher and looks cool too.
    Anybody own one that can comment..

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Try to pick a proline, I'm almost positive that they are the only company producing .060mm bodies. Also, I agree with dknuckles, the shoogoo drywall tape mod works very well, maybe the best method I've seen. I've never had a sct body last me more than a few weeks so, no recommendations here other than proline has the thick ones lol.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    theres a guy on ebay that sells incredibly strong bodies, you can drive a truck over them and they dont break, but there like 100 bucks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowstorm355 View Post
    theres a guy on ebay that sells incredibly strong bodies, you can drive a truck over them and they dont break, but there like 100 bucks
    They have been bullet lined (like line-x) and he doesnt have any for sale right now.

I have a New Era roll bar. It prevents the body from collapsing in when it goes on its lid. I used to go through bodies almost every other month. With the roll bar, my bodies are lasting at least eight months! I have had my current body since May 10th 2011
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Enthusiast
    hi new here witch body do you use and witch roll bar i will be bashing with my son
    Last edited by omarcamaro; 01-22-2012 at 09:48 AM.

I currently have the Douglas #7 Traxxas body. It is the steel New Era roll bar.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I currently have the Douglas #7 Traxxas body. It is the steel New Era roll bar.
    hi. where can you purchas the roll bar how much is it and finally can you use a outerwears cover with it thanks omar

RC Racer
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/190629808584...84.m1423.l2649
    Someone at my local track runs one of those bodies from ebay with the bullet liner on it and it is nice. It looked tuff as nails but it has a little wait to it.