RC Champion

Question what cc motor to use for 2s-3s?

hey guys whats the most prafferd cc motor for the mini summit?

3800kv 1y 4 pole
    4600kv
    5700kv

if i do convert my mustang vxl i would like to do power over kill(dont know what its like) also would the sv2 get hot on 3s with this application? i would eventualy get the mmp

is there better?

thanks guys

how do you get you signature to show?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    4600 or 5700 will work good, 3800 has too much torque for the mini.

RC Champion
    so the 4600kv would be best for a high speed bash?

RC Qualifier
    The higher the KV usualllyyyy the more top end. The lower the KV usualllyyyy some more TQ. I know someone if going to tell me thats not totally true and I know that but its the basic rule for the motor KV.

I have the 5700KV 2 pole. It gets hot pretty quickly running 3s so go 4 pole. I can backflip on command if I want to keep stripping my diffs. Crazy speed and TQ. Geared at 32t pinion / 50t spur I was seeing just about 50mhp, but I couldnt go any faster down my street without risking shattering my car against the curb. All out I could easly see 65+mph with added weight to the front to keep it grounded. That was with my MERV by the way.

With the bigger summit tires and such I would probably go 4600KV, but stock setup right now... I see an easy 40+MPH on 3s. No reason to upgrade unless you brushed. If you want speed convert to a MERV.
    Last edited by Carnage334; 02-17-2012 at 12:33 PM.

RC Champion
    but i like the summit for the ground clerance and the the exo cage prolongs the life of the shell thats why i want to convert to a summit
    but on topic i would like to run 2s(parellel) with minimal heat . and with a 3s (planing on parellel)capability so the system wouldent have to stop half way throught the 3s run. still having a nice speed on 2s say 35-40mph and see what i can do with 3s
    but if there are eny other motors that would work better i could see

whats a good low tempature gearing for 2s with the vxl well still having a good bash speed?

thanks guys