Unhappy my rustler wont work with a duratrax element brushless kit please help

I got a bunch of gift certificates for christmas and bought the duratrax from the local hobby shop. I did the quick set up like in the manual and it programmed it would go full throttle while the motor was in the car on a stand and then I took outside with a full battery and I hit full throttle and it went a couple feet and would stop and did this a couple times and then stopped I am really lost in this situation somebody please help me my family who bought the gift certificates are mad at me and duratrax was no help over the phone any info is greatly appreciated my rustler was originally a bandit but I changed everything over to make it a rustler it is running the stock traxxas 7 cell 3000 mah battery pack and 27mhz controller if that has anything to do with it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Is the low voltage cut off on? That would explain it. The voltage drop caused by the pull of the motor under load would drop a NiMH battery below LVC
    I don't have shelf queens, I have bash kings!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    My guess is the LVC is turned on. The manual will tell you how to turn it off. But, this question shouldn't really be asked here as the element system is not a traxxas product. You should try Duratrax again or try Castle as they are the original manufacturer of the ESC... any info or support on the Castle SV2 ESC will work on the Duratrax element ESC. They are the same.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Is the LVC low voltage cutoff for lipos if so I will try my buddys lipo and see if that's what it is

RC Racer
    make sure you have batterys in your hand set. if you still cant make it work try to take it to lhs and trh dif battery

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    ...this question shouldn't really be asked here as the element system is not a traxxas product. You should try Duratrax again or try Castle as they are the original manufacturer of the ESC... any info or support on the Castle SV2 ESC will work on the Duratrax element ESC. They are the same.
    Exactly correct.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =