RC Qualifier

New Incredable Discovery!

I finally spent a set of wheels on my XO-1 the other day. I was on my second set of batteries when it happened. When it happens, you wear down to the point of seeing fabric on your tires. My rear tires were the ones that you could actually see the fabric on.

Anyway, I got my new set the other day, and was wondering how I could tell in the future when my tires wouldn't get threw an RC day. I mainly wanted to know, because my front tires weren't to the point of being worn down to the fabric as my back ones were. So, I was wondering if I should change all four tires, or just the two rear.

What I first did, was to make an outside measurement of the circumference of my new tires. Both new front and back tires measured 13 and 5/8's of an inch. My used rear tires (the ones, that had been worn down to the fabric) measured a circumference of 13 and 1/4 inch. My used front tires that were worn, but not to the point of seeing the fabric, measured 13 and 3/8's.

What all this means is, that I only had a 1/16 of an inch of a combined circumference amount of rubber left on my used front tires. By that I mean, if I measured the thickness of the diameter tread, it was probably about 1/64 of an inch....which is pretty teency-weency, and not worth putting back on my XO.

Anyway, I changed all four tires, and now I know the usable thickness of my XO tires. For the record: New: 13 5/8, change at 13 3/8, and the running wear is: 1/4 of an inch.
    Last edited by ReglarDude; 08-16-2014 at 04:13 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Good to know if I ever get an XO-1 lol

I prob should, I enjoy running my Slash4 on pavement with less-grip tires, the XO-1 would be so much better

RC Qualifier
    You are very wise...very wise indeed. (lol)