RC Enthusiast

Cool Zombie Killing Slash

I added about 1.5-2 pounds to the truck with these, but I geared the truck down a bit to deal with the extra weight (as if 3S lipo really cares) I'm waiting for the lake to freeze over to give the tires a proper test, but the initial tests are quite encouraging. Down the road I'm hoping to add in an additional rear chassis brace.

RC Competitor
    Stay away from my legs with that thing lol, seriously, nice work.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goglu2 View Post
    Stay away from my legs with that thing lol, seriously, nice work.
    Dude trust me; the plastic bumper hurt enough. I can't even begin to imagine how badly this would hurt at 52mph (the fastest I've clocked it at with these mods)

RC Competitor
    Cool- survivalist Slash!

RC Competitor
    Nice project! When you run it on the lake try and get video!
    Use less brakes

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    All you need is a figure of Mel Gibson on the driver side and that will say it all. You dont have nothing on "Mad Max" LOL I cant wait to see video of it on the frozen lake.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    When i saw the pic the first thing i thought of was "mad max." lol
    (___) This is Bunny.
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

RC Qualifier
    Nice truck, could probably hold up to some bashing!
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Well it snowed out here today, and I have to say the first run on the lake was quite disappointing. There was very little grab from the wheels. On the other hand, they give incredible traction on the snow so I'm very happy with that.

RC Qualifier
    mount a pair of S&W MP15 assault rifles on there and use a micro servo to fire them that would be awsome with those mods. i put 2 glocks on the sides of my summit and drove it around shooting them lol.... WHATEVER YOU DO DONT DRIVE THE TRUCK TOWARDS YOU hahaha
    Slash rocks!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by boston2612 View Post
    mount a pair of S&W MP15 assault rifles on there and use a micro servo to fire them that would be awsome with those mods. i put 2 glocks on the sides of my summit and drove it around shooting them lol.... WHATEVER YOU DO DONT DRIVE THE TRUCK TOWARDS YOU hahaha
    Haha I would, but I'm short a pair of MP15s and a micro server. And I drive at myself too often to make that a good idea...

RC Racer
    Heh, Looks more like a Road warrior truck to me.
    1 Needs more spikes!
    2 Needs some red paint on spikes for blood.
    3 zombie guts!

RC Enthusiast
    Ha if those tires were easy to make I'd do more spikes, but they're a pain in the behind to do!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mukai II View Post
    Ha if those tires were easy to make I'd do more spikes, but they're a pain in the behind to do!
    I was thinking some body spikes.

your going to need to make a horde of zombies for the video

RC Enthusiast
    Oh trust me, the truck's getting some...aesthetic modifications over spring break.

RC Competitor
    Yeah- Road Warrior that truck!

RC Racer
    I am looking at doing something like this but I want to fab up an entire body. What guage metal did you use? Does it hold up well in roll overs?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmrjptou View Post
    I am looking at doing something like this but I want to fab up an entire body. What guage metal did you use? Does it hold up well in roll overs?
    I actually used some scrap galvanized steel ducting (1/32nd inch I believe). It holds up reasonably well to rollovers, but it could stand some reinforcement.

RC Racer
    Gotcha I was going to use somthing a little bit thicker than that so that it holds up a litte better without to much reinforcment. It looks like you used regular old pop rivets correct?

RC Enthusiast
    Gotcha I was going to use somthing a little bit thicker than that so that it holds up a litte better without to much reinforcment. It looks like you used regular old pop rivets correct?
    I used machine screws with split washers and locknuts; on the sides I used sheet metal screws. That way I can replace panels as I need to

RC Qualifier
    Bring on the apocalypse!
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Racer
    I used machine screws with split washers and locknuts; on the sides I used sheet metal screws. That way I can replace panels as I need to
    Gotcha that makes sense. I am think about maybe trying to make like a wedge or something super areo dynamic with my metal body for a speed run. I need some lipos though before I do it. I just made the upgrade to brushless.

RC Enthusiast
    Gotcha that makes sense. I am think about maybe trying to make like a wedge or something super areo dynamic with my metal body for a speed run. I need some lipos though before I do it. I just made the upgrade to brushless.
    Haha give your bank account my condolences.

RC Racer
    Haha give your bank account my condolences.
    Ha the brushless setup was an early birthday present because my dad just got a slash to brash with me but he went all out and got the ultimate and felt bad that I couldnt keep up with him lol.

RC Enthusiast
    Haha wow that's awesome. I wish my dad could enjoy it like yours.

RC Racer
    Ha yea I am trying to get my nine year old brothers into it now but I dont really think they are ready to drive a slash just yet. I let one of them try it and he was doing fine untill he wanted to jump it and drove it right into a parking stop block or whatever you want to call it. It didnt break it but I cant see one holding up to the abuse they would put it through lol.

RC Enthusiast
    My daughter is 7 and she got a slash for christmas. Whenever someone asks her why she likes running an RC car she says "It's something I can't break"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by accoberg View Post
    My daughter is 7 and she got a slash for christmas. Whenever someone asks her why she likes running an RC car she says "It's something I can't break"
    Haha that may be true but I know that one girl is probably much more careful than 3 crazy boys. Lol

RC Enthusiast
    Ha yea I am trying to get my nine year old brothers into it now but I dont really think they are ready to drive a slash just yet. I let one of them try it and he was doing fine untill he wanted to jump it and drove it right into a parking stop block or whatever you want to call it. It didnt break it but I cant see one holding up to the abuse they would put it through lol.
    My friend and I were bashing our slashes once when I lost control and tboned him at 40mph. He broke an axle carrier and a small crack on the wheel showed up. No other damage. Trust me I dare them to break it.

RC Racer
    My friend and I were bashing our slashes once when I lost control and tboned him at 40mph. He broke an axle carrier and a small crack on the wheel showed up. No other damage. Trust me I dare them to break it.
    True, I did rear end my dads slash once already when he stopped short on me and nothing happened except his flipped a couple times and scratched the body on the pavement.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeahh body scratches are nothing haha

RC Enthusiast
    Update: Tried these tires on grass and dirt. Oh my god can you say traction? I was easily pulling wheelies on 3S lipo and grass. I grenaded my transmission today though so that'll probably be the end of that till I can find out what I did.

RC Enthusiast

I guess the tires were a bit too much for the 1 year old diff. Time to get a new one (and not run those tires on 3S)