Thread: Outerwears?

RC Enthusiast

Outerwears?

I want to hear some reviews on the outerwear if anyone has any. Does it cause heat issues, how well do they work, etc. Also, Will it work with a roll cage?

RC Racer
    Did you see the performance i got out of mine today you goomba? Definately worth it.

RC Racer
    I use it and I think it is great
    Check out my video, you see Outerwears on Slash Ultimate

RC Enthusiast
    dang that seems to work really well

RC Qualifier
    Wow your truck looks brand new to begin with and looks like the outerware really works great! Think thats next on my list to get!
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

RC Racer
    It works very well.
    I also use Outerwears in this video

RC Champion
    Best thing I ever bought for my truck, everyone should have one. I just yesterday got a 2nd one for my on-road truck.

RC Enthusiast
    ok well it seems pretty clear that its a must have! Thanks for the feedback

RC Racer
    I also agree. !! They are the bomb
    Revo 5309 3.3 new But a work in progress !!

RC Competitor
    i made one my self with a draw string gym bag for a buck and if you want it waterproofed just add the proofing spray form wlart

RC Enthusiast
    I use outerwares for my slash ONLY when I don't want others to see what trick motor or servo etc im running, other then that, it's overkill for the indoor tracks I race at. I have removed the driveshaft shield and gear cover to reduce as much weight as possible and tried the outerwears guard in leu of and found my motor was getting unusually hot. After removing the outerwears guard the motor didn't seem to have a problem cooling down any longer, keep in mind that I also use 35c 2s LiPo batteries with a fan ONLY on the esc and NOT on the motor. A motor fan might be necessary for myself if I do decide to continue to use my outerwears while racing in the future.

RC Competitor
    I've run an outerwears shroud since buying my slash 12 months ago and I'd highly recommend it.
    Also did extensive testing with temps running 2S/3S and noticed marginal to no differences when running with/without the shroud. I'm not running the stock esc fan, and just a small heat sink on the motor.
    ScubbaSteve, I think if you are having heat issues I'd look at your gearing before removing the outerwears.

RC Enthusiast
    I run stock gearing... I'm leaning towards the outerwears being the reason as to the slight difference in temperature. I've tested this theory with the outerwears cover on, and with it off. Temps are noticeably different when the cover is off.

RC Racer
    im getting mine before i run the car! nothing better than a clean car.
    Slash 4X4 MMP
    Slash 4X2 LCG