RC Qualifier

Mamba max pro sct

Just bought a pede roller for an awesome price, and the guy had this mamba max pro sct 2400kv setup as well. Ended up buying that off him as well brand new for an amazing price. Anyway, debating on putting it in my new pede roller, or put it on my slash. Anyone that has this setup, is there anything that needs to be changed to run this? Just looking for some advice on what to do with the new mmp. Thanks for any advice!!!
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    I've read threads on questions about the mmp, but none on the install itself..
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have on my pede and itīs great combo plenty of power and it runs cool all the time, you will love in on 3s donīt recommend it for 2s, on the pede you need to remove the mounting holes for the old esc, on the slash no mods is needed, just use velcro or snappy mount for the esc.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Qualifier
    just an esc mount..as for gearing i run 19/50 and it has great punch and lowww temps im talking under 115 on a full run of 3s lipo
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    just an esc mount..as for gearing i run 19/50 and it has great punch and lowww temps im talking under 115 on a full run of 3s lipo
    What kind and where would i get an esc mount?
    Also, does 2s hurt the mmp? Or is a strict do not run 2s?
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spartandeadinwater138 View Post
    What kind and where would i get an esc mount?
    Also, does 2s hurt the mmp? Or is a strict do not run 2s?
    Just google Snappy ESC mount. As far as I know it's a Ebay only item. After reading this thread I ordered one 10 minutes ago. Installed my MMP yesterday and the only downfall was not having a nice way to mount my ESC. That is no longer a issue come Monday =)

RC Qualifier
    you can get the snappy mount and strc makes a mount for 12 bucks. you can run 2s but it will be a lot slower than 3s. the max input though is 4s
    slash 4x4 and a blast on steroids

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    you can get the snappy mount and strc makes a mount for 12 bucks. you can run 2s but it will be a lot slower than 3s. the max input though is 4s
    I assumed it would be slower, just didn't know if it would damage anything. Just curious since I have 2 SMC 50c 9200mah 2s lipos, 2 venom 20 or 30c 5400mah 2s lipos, and 2 venom 30c 6400mah 3s lipos. Since I have 4x 2s lipos and only 2x 3s lipos just wanted to have a little bit of both worlds as long as it wouldn't hurt anything.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you are not going to hurt anything, the motor needs 3s just to be alive, you can run up to 5s on the motor, and 6s on the esc, so a 2s lipo is nothing for the beast.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    you are not going to hurt anything, the motor needs 3s just to be alive, you can run up to 5s on the motor, and 6s on the esc, so a 2s lipo is nothing for the beast.
    I thought the 2400 run 4S max?

You are correct - that is the maximum recommended number of cells in series.
    Suggested Applications:
    1/10 2wd and 4wd vehicles weighing 6.5lbs or less ready to run with batteries installed. Run this combo with up to 4S max cells. Don't forget, this is a 4 pole motor, so you can gear it higher than 2 pole motors of higher KV.
    and
    This system is designed for 3s to 4s, 4,000+ mah, 25c or better LiPo. 3 is the recommended set up, 4s is extreme.
    Geared decently high, this motor will heat up on 4S. Why anyone would need to go to 5S, I cannot fathom.

RC-Fan: nice pics.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
    Just google Snappy ESC mount. As far as I know it's a Ebay only item. After reading this thread I ordered one 10 minutes ago. Installed my MMP yesterday and the only downfall was not having a nice way to mount my ESC. That is no longer a issue come Monday =)
    Do you have the mmp 2400kv as well? Which mount did you order? The regular one or the xl?
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

I have had this in my Slash for a year now. It is a solid motor! Have had absolutely no problems whatsoever! It does get warm sometimes when pushed hard on hot days. I have mine geared 22/50. That is good for 70+ mph! I have mine mounted directly to the chassis using double sided tape. It's clear, got it from my lhs. Get the Castle link so you can dial it in. I had to back the power of the brakes off because it would flip my truck over when I hit the brakes. A few adjustments and it is golden
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    I think just the regular one. Sells for $9.99

HTC Rezound rockin the BAMF!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePit View Post
    I think just the regular one. Sells for $9.99

HTC Rezound rockin the BAMF!
    Just an FYI. I talked to the snappy guy, and if you have the 1415 2400kv setup, the normal one won't work he said.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just an FYI. I talked to the snappy guy, and if you have the 1415 2400kv setup, the normal one won't work he said.
    on the pede won't work, on the slash yes, you need to move the esc to the front of the car, I have a MMM esc with traxxas mount and it fits good.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    on the pede won't work, on the slash yes, you need to move the esc to the front of the car, I have a MMM esc with traxxas mount and it fits good.
    No no. Its not that it won't work with the esc, he said it is because the 1415 mmp motor is bigger than the 1410 mmp. He said with the "small" one there is not enough room to use that mount. He told me I would have to get the xl mount. I obviously don't personally know, that's just what the guy that makes them said.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No no. Its not that it won't work with the esc, he said it is because the 1415 mmp motor is bigger than the 1410 mmp. He said with the "small" one there is not enough room to use that mount. He told me I would have to get the xl mount. I obviously don't personally know, that's just what the guy that makes them said.
    that's what I meant to say, the 2400 is a larger motor, there is barely room for the esc, look at my pic on post #4

RC Qualifier
    Ahhh. Gotcha. Yea that's pretty tight.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Racer
    I got the snappy mount and it did not fit, not even close. A bit of Velcro and it is good to go.

RC Qualifier
    I used an RPM Rustler ESC mount, it fit perfectly.

And there's plenty of room in a Slash 4x4 chassis.

Try mounting that setup in a Stampede 4x4 chassis.

ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    My bad, re-read the first post, we are talking about a Stampede chassis. I just used some 3M double sided tape. Hasn't moved yet.
    ERBE Summit E-Slayer
    EMBE
    Rustler
    P4DE Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have had this in my Slash for a year now. It is a solid motor! Have had absolutely no problems whatsoever! It does get warm sometimes when pushed hard on hot days. I have mine geared 22/50. That is good for 70+ mph!
    Is that on 3s or 4s?

Quote Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
    Is that on 3s or 4s?
    That is on 4s
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM