RC poster

Nitro Stampede Alloy Parts

Hello everyone i own a Nitro Stampede for about 4 years now i am now ready to upgrade it so that it can do some track time. Any way i am putting a 2.5R in it and was wondering if alloy upgrade kit from integy was any good? i want the truck to be able to support a TRX 2.5R without it breaking from the higher power output i never ran anything higher than a Pro.15 in it so any suggestions on how to make the truck more sound? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would stay away from integy structural parts. Search the forum for some better quality brands.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

If it were me, I would just see what you break and go from there. The N-Stampede (as you're probably aware) is a durable truck. The only upgrade that I would really recommend right out of the gate would be an RPM bumper (if you don't already have one).

Another thing to note is that aluminum isn't always the best option since it bends in some situations. I like plastic parts because they are much more forgiving (not to mention cheaper).
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

i've done real good with my 2.5 in my nitro stampede and have broken anything really except the rear shock tower, that would be best to get RPM, front RPM bumper like cooleocool said, RPM A arms, ball bearing in front wheels and the rear hubs if already have them then extra, extra rear axles maybe upgraded to MIP's or Tekno's. thats about it that i have had to replace. other than that it is durable.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    If it were me, I would just see what you break and go from there. The N-Stampede (as you're probably aware) is a durable truck. The only upgrade that I would really recommend right out of the gate would be an RPM bumper (if you don't already have one).

Another thing to note is that aluminum isn't always the best option since it bends in some situations. I like plastic parts because they are much more forgiving (not to mention cheaper).
    As an RC'r who's done a lot of upgrades to TMAXX's and other RC's on a budget quickly finds out either to post about what you want to do, what has broken, and listen to the advice here as well as use the advanced search for some great info here.

Plastic has it's place where you want parts to absorb impacts, aluminum, titanium, metal in general does not have this property. Metal parts will transfer the energy of an impact to the next link which is usually a screw and another metal part sometimes.... Everything has it's place, it's putting the right stuff in the right place that makes it work well and also save serious hurt on the wallet.

+1 Fix what breaks, but post what breaks and how, the more experienced can give you a hand...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    Thank you everyone for the help cooleocool i know there durable i have put mine through beatings and she comes through every time like a charm only thing that has really angered me was the Ez start but after i got traxxas pull she works amazing and you guys have convinced me that alloy does not seem like such a good idea as when i started this question I'm now pretty sure I'm going to stay with the plastic that she has now and nitronaught you have a very good point I'm going to start posting what i need here and checking the forums i got a lot of questions before i send my Pro.15 to traxxas to swap for a 2.5R and cooleocool and mike-susieq1 what does the RPM front bumper do? does it absorb the shock of a crash better?

yes the rpm front bumper does absorb the shock of a crash better and its alot bigger than stock. if you really want to have a sturdier front bumper then the Rpm front bumper for the 2wd slash is good, its bigger than the stampede farther out, well you can see it on the slash it looks alot like the stock one but mounts with 4 screws underneath which there is 4 screw holes to mount it to on the N Pede.

Oh one other thing i would gear down a few tooths on the spur gear as the stock gearing will wheelie like crazy with the 2.5R when you get it. I have a 72t and i'll be going to 66t will help control the wheelies and increase speed. you can get around 50-55mph with the 2.5R in the N Pede.
    DEU 8:18 ESV