RC Enthusiast

tekno axle questions...

so i have these coming...but want some opinions...

i have to change out the steering blocks, and the rear carrier. i have the slash ultimate 4x4.

my question i guess is, whould you lose the stock aluminum carriers for the Tekno larger plastic ones with the larger bearings? or would you look for a different axle... im not really liking the MIP...the bones just seem like a better/lighter solution.

i have gone threw 5 stockers now in the 3 weeks i have owner the truck

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes, you have to give up the aluminum steering blocks, and rear hubs for the teknos.

RC Enthusiast
    yes i know...im asking is it worth it? are the aluminum that much better?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ok, I have no experience with teknos I run MIP's, but hear they are good, sometimes the dog bone pops out usually with RPM arms, other than that haven't heard any issue, definitely aluminum is stronger than plastic, but teknos are beefier so I don't think that would be an issue. I would be worried more about the dog bone poping out than breaking carriers, those are cheap to replace.

RC Enthusiast
    from what i have read, they only pop out when not used properly...raising the truck too much etc.

RC Champion
    my truck is pretty low and I've popped the dog bones out and yes I had rpm arms. I switched to aluminum arms and haven't popped out since. I think they are worth it for having the 6mm stubs. After breaking both front stubs on the mips I decided to go with something else but I also broke a tekno axle but not at the stub..

Anza Sl2sh Bandit EMBEx2 Tekno(Revo D8 D8T MBX6)

RC Racer
    I have teknos and love them. No problems yet

RC Qualifier
    teknos are great. i have all 4 on my 4x4 stampede. with rpm arms, the fronts they do pop out. if you put rear outdrives on front they wont pop out again. id take tekno carriers over aluminum ones anyday. no this is just my theory but i think the hexes on the teknos are weaker than stock ones. you can either drill out stock ones or get aluminum.
    even with an extra set of rear outdrives and aluminum hexes they turn out to be the same price as xdutys

RC Competitor
    when I had a slash i kept the front aluminum knuckle/hub and bought some 6x11x4 bearings from Boca Bearings, so you can use those still. I have 6 left brand new in the package, if anyone wants them $20 shipped to anyone who wants em.
    Losi TEN-SCTE | Tekin RX8 | Tekin Pro4 4600

RC Racer
    I have the Teknos and love them. I have broken plenty of parts but the carriers seem to be bullet proof! by far the best purchase I have made.
    If its under control, your not going fast enough!