RC Competitor

Lightbulb Stones getting into the spur gear area? I have the solution! I think....

Hi guys I was having a major problem about little stones tearing up the spur, and I couldnt understand how they were getting in there... And just this morning, I seem to have fixed the problem! All I did was put a bit of electrical tape over opening for the locknut used to hold the motor mounting screw in place (directly in front of the gear cover screw), and it seems to have worked like a charm! So if any of you guys have been having this problem, try this, and it might just be the problem!
    Posted in Australia, the country Down-Under

My solution was to take the cover off. It's been off for a year and a half. It seems without the cover, things can fly out of the gear area instead of getting stuck in the gears.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    Well that could work too, but I found that doing that would cause grit to get into the grease for the rear diff, causing it to seize up... So I put it back on, and well, lets just say it worked like a charm...

RC Qualifier
    R u guys runnin the clear cover . My black cover has never gave me this problem
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Competitor
    No, I am running the stock black gear cover... Just went out with it again, and still no problems!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by HELLO_ANGEL1 View Post
    No, I am running the stock black gear cover... Just went out with it again, and still no problems!
    apart from motor temps/gearing choice

Like I said, I have run without it for well over a year. No dirt in the diff, no problems at all. I just don't get pebbles caught in my gears.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM