RC Champion

Question Squeeky Shocks - Low Fluid?

Is this normal or are they all leaked out?

Only one shock on the front and one on the back "squeek" when I compress them. I haven't taken one off yet, and have no idea how they're constructed but before I do I'm just curious if this is a tell-tale sign? I've only driven the car a total of 2 hours since buying it, and 50% of that has been outside in the snow/puddles.

Thanks! =)

RC Qualifier
    No my shocks squeek all the time even after i refill them! But it doesnt hurt to check them

Could be. Or the rubber o-ring is dry and rubbing against the shaft. The exploded views show how it is constructed and taking it apart is pretty much worry-free as nothing will spring out and be difficult to put together.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Its really easy to re-fill them if ya need. Mine after a re-fill squeak too.
    * "If it ain't broke, your doin it wrong" *

RC Qualifier
    Try opening your shock to see how much fluid is in it, depending on your set up fill them up, but first take off the bottom rod end using pliers to hold the shaft, push the rod up. And out of the shock body and inspect the shock pads or what ever they are called see if there are any imperfections in it. Replace the shaft and fill with your choice of weighted oil, remember to push out the air bubbles but don't push the shaft above the line of oil or you will just drag more air into the shocks, leave to sit for about five minutes for all the air bubbles to dissipate. Now reassemble your shock and see if you have fixed the problem.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.470649,153.024997

RC Champion
    Awesome thanks for the confidence, and mattbaillie22 awesome how-to *cheers!

RC Qualifier
    It might be the rockers that are squeaking. Stock they have bushings, not bearings, so they will squeak.