RC Champion

Question Series Connector Effects Over Time

Just wondering if I could get some different opinions and facts about running a series connector on my 1/16slash all of the time. I just got this thing two weeks ago and I've only used the series connector about 3 times out of around 15 total runs, mostly right when i got it. I know its only supposed to be used mostly for speed runs so I've been rockin the parallel connector but I'm getting a little bored with the top speed... so my questions are... (1) what is running a series connector going to do to the motor and esc over time if I'm driving with a lot of hard acceleration and hard braking? (by "over time" I mean months) I only have two nimh power cell packs so the run times would be fairly short but is the truck eventually going to get slower or what are the consequences? (2) I'm not sure, but I imagine constant higher speeds would mean shorter servo life so do I make the servo more responsive or less responsive to prolong the servo motor? right now its less responsive because for some reason I thought that would be better for it..... everything is stock except for the servo which I fried the motor of right away, gears were fine. Im not a complete noob, I swap pinions for the series connector and i maintain the little beast pretty well so hook me up with some good answers and opinions!!! woot woot! appreciate it.
    Last edited by GULLY; 01-16-2012 at 10:45 PM.

running the stock esc/motor on series too much is going to be bad for it as its constantly at the max volts and too much even for the stock system to handle. its ok once in while but most will say that running series is bad for the system, its much better to run lipos, 2s is good for the regular speed of 30 or so and 3s is more of your speed runs but that only puts out 11.1v not the max the system can take so you'll be ok, but the diff, and the axle's will weaken with the series running and 3s lipo running too much but both do able. my opinion on the question asked.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    If u hav a good servo it will be fine for a long while iv had the same since i got the car whic was when they first came out its a hitec hs 85mg but as for the motor an esc it will eventually burn them up am it will destroy ur drivetrain!

RC Champion
    ****, well i figured it wouldn't be a good idea, thats good stuff though. Good to hear about your servo lasting that long, thats the one i put on we'll see how mine holds up. but so far, I basically shouldn't mess around with the series too much is what I'm getting.

RC Qualifier
    Yup i wouldnt i would just get some lipos!

RC Champion
    sorry, I didn't know beavers built bad words. how long do you think it would take to wear down or break something if i did go along with this and i didn't crash ever?

RC Qualifier
    Well there really isnt a time frame in my opinion it could do it tomorrow or it could do it in 6 months in all honesty tho i think ur batteries would go out before ur electronics do

RC Champion
    nice, thats the kind of answer I was hoping for. If I can get away with doing it for a few months I'd be satisfied, probably get a bigger truck after that. I'm interested in the stampede 4x4 vxl!! I gotta try and get some sleep though, thanks for the quick replies and stuff.

RC Champion
    "I didn't think beavers built bad words" hahaha best quote evar!

RC Qualifier
    No prob later