RC Racer

sidewinder esc issue

First off. I fixed the smoking issue from the gears by tightening the slipper. thank you to those that helped with that.

Now for the new issue. At the track, hit a jump. esc comes loose. Wires rip out of esc. I'm really hoping that someone can help me with this. Does anyone know if the internal wiring should be (black red yellow red brown) or (black red brown red yellow). I think if I know what order to put the wires back in, i may be able to solder it back on myself. Please see pic below.

Thanks again.

RC Qualifier
    I grabbed my sidewinder out of my tool box opened it up and the orange wire goes on the terminal next to the red wire in case you were gonna solder it yourself

so from left to right it goes black, red, orange, red, brown

I'll post a pic in a minute but it might not be a good one cause all I have right now is the camera on my phone and it sucks

sorry the pic was to blurry to see anything
    Last edited by Koda Dank; 01-16-2012 at 05:40 PM.

RC Racer
    thank you. this is what i needed to know

RC Qualifier
    I found this one on google

RC Racer
    you must have had a different search than i did. i looked and couldn't find the internal wiring.

I appreciate it. I was able to get it back together. hopefully it will hold.

Do you happen to know if I can use a ziptie to help hold it on or will it heat too much and melt the zip tie?

thanks again.

RC Qualifier
    This is the way I have mine, my esc is double sided taped to a STRC esc plate then I put a fan on the esc and zip tied the fan around the esc plate so the esc is sandwiched between the fan and plate

its kinda hard to see cause the pic is blurry but you will get the idea and yeah I know I need to clean up my wires

Again sorry about the crappy pictures

Quote Originally Posted by segen77 View Post
    First off. I fixed the smoking issue from the gears by tightening the slipper. thank you to those that helped with that.

Now for the new issue. At the track, hit a jump. esc comes loose. Wires rip out of esc. I'm really hoping that someone can help me with this. Does anyone know if the internal wiring should be (black red yellow red brown) or (black red brown red yellow). I think if I know what order to put the wires back in, i may be able to solder it back on myself. Please see pic below.

Thanks again.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post up pics of your repair work so we can follow. I have an old sidewinder with the same problem sitting in my box gathering dust.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    sorry. already put it back together, and it's in the truck. Honestly though, there isn't much to show. just soldered the wires back on and make sure you dont put on too much solder and cause a short circuit.

I'll admit it was a bit of a pain, but much better then spending the $35 to get it replaced by castle.