RC Racer

how to remove the chrome from the wheel..

Heya guys n gals does anyone know how to remove the chrome from the standard rims so i can dye it black..i love the shape but not into bling lol muchos gracias peeps

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar

Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    possibly superclean from walmart. itll be in automotive, in a purple jug. i know i soak plastic models in it for days, and it wont hurt plastic. it will remove the chrome from a plastic model grill within ten seconds. plus a toothbrush will remove any leftover paint. i have soaked some stablemaxx rims for a week to remove other paint, but it wasnt chrome. paint was floating on the top when i took the rims out a week later.

RC Racer
    Jimmie ive said it once ill say it again, you are a fountain of knowledge bud!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    possibly superclean from walmart. itll be in automotive, in a purple jug. i know i soak plastic models in it for days, and it wont hurt plastic. it will remove the chrome from a plastic model grill within ten seconds. plus a toothbrush will remove any leftover paint. i have soaked some stablemaxx rims for a week to remove other paint, but it wasnt chrome. paint was floating on the top when i took the rims out a week later.
    cheers ajcar but im in the uk so no walmart over here yet lol