RC Racer

Smile Im combing back after a year, new account, NEW QUESTIONS!!

So the last time i was on this forum was about a year ago, and i can say that i missed it like crazy! I sold everything i had except my LiPo's and my Hyperion charger.

Anyways, i thought you guys might be excited to find out that im coming back with a build! not completely but sorta haha. i just ordered a 4x4 roller off ebay, along with a traxxas link 2.4ghz radio, MAMBA MAX PRO ESC, and a mounting piece for the esc. im hoping i can find a servo lying around, or maybe someone will hook me up with a stock one for like $5. who knows. do you feel the excitement?!?!?!?!?

Getting onto my question... i want to run a sensored brushless motor. one that handles up to 3s, maybe 4 just incase i get a 4s for fun. i need one that will be fast at the track because i plan on mostly racing this car, in my backyard track (which i need to post pics of) and at local tracks. I wanna be fast though, fast enough to beat KrAzY-BaJa#1!!! i was kind of looking at this one but idk..http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tekin-Re...#ht_799wt_1037

anyways thanks guys and im so glad to be back! ill be sure to post pics once my stuff arrives!

RC Champion
    That motor is not powerful enough for a heavy SC truck

If Tekin is your thing then try a T8 motor

Cheers
    Last edited by crusey; 01-16-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

RC Racer
    alright, i was looking at the t8, hopefully i can get one relatively soon, but before then, i will just be using a vxl to practice in the backyard.

I am also thinking about getting the T8! I have the Novak SC 5.5. It have it geared 17/50. On 3s it is nice and quick. On 4s it's a beast! Sensored motors are nice and smooth. Novak has a 4 pole 2650 1/8th scale motor out now! It's about $250 about the same as the Castle 2650.

What was your old screen name?
    welcome back
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Welcome back Go to your local track and see what they are running Motors, batteries. tires, and lap counter. This way you buy the right things the first time. having our owner transponder is a big + .
    4x4 Slash 5.5 Big Block

RC Racer
    i couldnt even remember my old screen name! haha thats why i started a new one. and the T8 looks awesome and ive been duking it out on ebay with someones auto bid haha. I really just want to have one 4s lipo to fool around with. i already have two 2s batteries and my last 3s puffed to its max haha. I use ******* BTW. and i know my uncle has a bunch of transponders since he has his a dirt oval track, maybe ill ask him for one. CANT WAIT FOR RACING SEASON!!! in sacramento theres a traxxas slash 2wd and 4wd championship starting on the 20th, and i wont be ready for that one, but the next race is on the 27th which i will be in! heres a link:
    http://www.holeshot-raceway.com/

RC Racer
    i just realized! on the first page of the 4x4 gallery, my old slash is the first action photos. posted by my buddy Krazy-SLASH#1
    pretty awesome photos though. you can actually see me in the 7th photo, from far away haha. The last photo in that post is absolutely extrordinary

now im just going through these photos, totally loving it. on the second page you can see my car with paddles on all four. not to mention i was also the first to drive my slash 4x4 across water, so technically....IM A LEGEND
    haha
    Last edited by Chub-Five; 01-16-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Chubb, where are you located in California? I'm in the Bay

RC Racer
    yea, im in Sactown. maybe ill invite you to a race with Krazy-SLASH#1 and I sometime. i got a backyard track

RC Racer
    new question. is there an awesome servo that i should get? something better than stock?

RC Champion
    Ace DS1015 works for me

Savox range is popular and well priced for the specs

Hitec have just released a waterproof range that look sharp

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

[QUOTE=Chub-Five;5021306]yea, im in Sactown. maybe ill invite you to a race with Krazy-SLASH#1 and I sometime. i got a backyard track[

That would be great!

RC Competitor
    You say race at a local track. Each track is different, but a Slash 4x4 on 4S wouldnt be allowed at my track. 2S is your limit in SCT 1/10th scale by me. But just practicing and bashing run whatever you like. Have fun.
    Losi TEN-SCTE | Tekin RX8 | Tekin Pro4 4600

RC Racer
    i know 2s is all thats allowed, which is why i have two 2s 5000mah ROAR approved batteries. but my go hard 3s batteries died and im running the goodness out of my 2s. so i want something big and fun.
    and btw sob, i know a bunch of open BMX tracks that are empty most days. HUGE AIR!

RC Racer
    parts are almost here! UPS says my roller will be here on the 23rd, my mamba max pro mounting kit will be here tomorrow along with my 2.4ghz radio,and my mamba max pro ESC should be here Friday. I also ordered 6.5mm bullet connectors for the motor and ESC so i can get the best results from my truck. Other than that all I've been doing is making plans for this truck. I might be borrowing Krazy-SLASH#1's VXL motor until i can buy the Tekin T8 2650kv. once that's done, I'm planning to dye my chassis black, and ditch every blue part on the car, I've grown tired of the blue R/C cars since my past three cars were based around blue parts and bodies. I'm hoping to get STRC red driveshaft, motormount, motorplate, rear hub carriers, front steering knuckles and C-hubs. then ill get some traxxas red tie rods, big bores, SC8 beadlock wheels and a pro-line chevy body. I'm a sucker for anything chevy

hope to update tomorrow!

and then i've got a BIG surprise for you guys, hopefully i can keep it from you... i get excited easy haha

RC Competitor
    What was your old name?

RC Racer
    something like slash-o-holic i think? i dont really know

RC Racer
    parts update! got my MMP ESC, snappyrc mount, and traxxas 2.4ghz radio!! chassis should be here soon, thats when the exciting part begins!
    Slash 4X4 MMP
    Slash 4X2 LCG