RC Competitor

How do you clean your Summit?

How do you guys clean your trucks after some dirty runs. I don't want to break it down every time it finds some dirt or mud, but would like to keep it somewhat clean. Some input would be great.

RC poster
    in the sink, to be honest. finish it off with some silicone lube on the metal parts so they dont rust, or spray the entire thing down with wd-40.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the response! So you just spray it down without any fear of certain things getting wet? I know they are water proof ish, just would feel comfortable hosing this thing off. What not to get wet or spray directly?

RC Competitor
    I just use compressed air, a brush and a used toothbrush. If it gets really muddy then it takes a light shower in the bathroom

RC Qualifier
    Yep I just hose mine off. It sounds scary but it isn't. I hose it off, then air compress it, and then lube it. Finally I sit it upside down and spin the heck of out the wheels to get the water out

RC Qualifier
    I take off the cover, use garden hose to spray any sand, dust off as well.

RC Qualifier
    Always a shower, and then off to the air compressor to get a very thorough drying.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    every now and then it cartwheels into the lake at the local park! then i drive it home on asphalt!

im worried about my bearing more than the electrics!

RC Competitor
    And I was being so cautious just spritzing and quickly wiping off at the kitchen sink!

RC Racer
    little bit of oil on the little bit of shaft at the end of your motor is a good thing to do if ya truck gets wet alot!

RC Racer
    ChaosRR what type of oil do you use for the motor shaft? Like WD40 or a synthetic silicon?

RC Qualifier
    wd40 isn't oil, I would assume some kind of silicone or specialized bearing oil
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Well yea kitteh but its a lubricant which can help. Although for a little motor it doesn't seem fitting for the application. ChaosRR or anyone know whats best for the motor.

RC Racer
    synthetic oil for my motorbike gearbox is what i used. wd-40 will free up a sticky bearing but i wouldnt use it on the motor unless u have the bearing out and in your hands so then you can clean up wd and pack with grease.
    2 drops on the shaft/bearing area, the back side and (from the pinion side) i spun the shaft with my hand to work in the oil. Cleaned up and did the same again (my bearing was pretty knackerd) till i felt clean and free! 1st i was going to toss the motor out, than i was told i can pull apart and replace bearing. then on a lazy day i just did the above. Motor is now in my merv doing high speed duties no drama!!! also that motor had been sunk in the lake like 10 times. Amazing what some oil can do hey! If ya motor aint knackerd and ya just wana maintain it, few drops then work it into the bearing area, clean and be on your way.

RC Competitor
    When you guys get your truck wet or spray it off for cleaning, what do you do about screw heads? I've noticed mine to have rust in them now. I don't have a way to spray it off with air.

RC Racer
    i dont always have compressed air handy so if my trucks wet after a clean i blast it with the hair dryer!