RC Enthusiast

Finished the D8 shock upgrade.

Upgraded to the 1/8 scale D8 shocks. I used the rear shock tower in the front location. Went to put my body on and the holes for mounting the body don't line up. I just want to make sure I didn't do something simple wrong and I am asking should this be the case when switching shock towers? I read the other forums instructions on how to do this and don't remember anybody saying anything about this. I don't mind cutting two new holes but want to make sure I didn't screw anything else up before I cut the new holes. Thanks for any input.

RC Racer
    take the body mounts off the front shock tower and put it on the rear one you have in the front

RC Enthusiast
    I put brand new rpm body mounts on top of the shock tower in he front. (which is actually a rear tower). I tried flipping it around to no avail. The stock holes are off by a 1/2" (front to back) no matter which way I mount the body mount arm.

RC Qualifier
    Could you put up some pics? I would love to see them!

RC Qualifier
    don't you have to flip the tower around and mount the body posts forward?
    SSC SLASH 4X4

RC Enthusiast
    Found out that because the rear tower is taller it changed the mounting hole locations. I did install in reverse fashion as this was needed for the shocks to fit.

Also put a freshly painted body on.