Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm going to bring this back up to the top. I've been about ready to pull the trigger on the 3.4 carb due to its affordability but I have noticed that some people on the Losi forum are saying that the carbs are not all that great so they switch over to the Traxxas carb and their problems go away.
    Interesting.
    I may just have to save my pennies and go with the O.S.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I'm going to bring this back up to the top. I've been about ready to pull the trigger on the 3.4 carb due to its affordability but I have noticed that some people on the Losi forum are saying that the carbs are not all that great so they switch over to the Traxxas carb and their problems go away.
    Interesting.
    I have had the Losi on both my 3.3 and 2.5's for a few weeks now and can say they are a huge improvement over the stock carb as far as tuning and smoother idle...

I am very interested to see if the TM523 will make any improvements or not...

if it ever comes...

I have been waiting forever for the UPS man to get here today!!! URGH!
    -JuRRd

RC Qualifier
    LOL anybody that say they switched over to the traxxas carb and there problems went away, I can show you peolple that don't know how to tune or there is issue with there motor. The Losi hands down is a bolt upgrade. It's idle and silky smooth power it delivers is not even close to the 3.3 carb. It's a imediate the second you fire up your engine the difference. The OS is more money unless you can find it used. A-main has that Losi carb for 38 bucks last time I checked.
    Interesting.

Got the Losi carb this morning and installed it. Needed to widen the swivel to fit into the Losi throttle arm as the Traxxas throttle arm would not fit over the barrel. Then twist the carb a little and adjust the throttle arm so that there is smooth opening of the barrel. Adjusted the collar on the linkage, tested with the electronics on, engine off and it seemed fine. Set the carb to Traxxas factory settings, however, quickly found Traxxas' factory settings are too rich on the HSN and too lean on the LSN. After adjusting the needles I think I have it set--for the most part. I was only able to run about half a tank through before heading off to work. If tomorrow is nice I'll head to the park to test it out some more. So far I do like the throttle response and may have to purchase another Losi carb for my newly rebuilt spare engine.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    OMG Double G broke down and bought the losi carb Whooo Hooo. Life is good. was I lieing brother. Thats a nice little carb for the money
    Got the Losi carb this morning and installed it. Needed to widen the swivel to fit into the Losi throttle arm as the Traxxas throttle arm would not fit over the barrel. Then twist the carb a little and adjust the throttle arm so that there is smooth opening of the barrel. Adjusted the collar on the linkage, tested with the electronics on, engine off and it seemed fine. Set the carb to Traxxas factory settings, however, quickly found Traxxas' factory settings are too rich on the HSN and too lean on the LSN. After adjusting the needles I think I have it set--for the most part. I was only able to run about half a tank through before heading off to work. If tomorrow is nice I'll head to the park to test it out some more. So far I do like the throttle response and may have to purchase another Losi carb for my newly rebuilt spare engine.

RC Champion
    I would like to get an update on the carburetor research. I would love to get a new carb and set it on some 3.3 engines...is it the OS 11k or the Losi 3.4 winning the race here? Just curious what conclusions you guys have run into.

Thanks for all responses.

RC Champion
    Bump for an update

RC poster
    Bump for update as well.

^ What they said! Bump for update!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    I sent an email to Double G and Slayer17 to try to get an update, here is what I have collected so far. Hope it helps a bit...

"Double G" hasn't collected enough data to pass on yet and "Slayer17" sent me the following..."The cheapest bang for your dollar is the losi carb. The best carb is the TM523"

I am going to look into the Losi Carb....eventually. Hopefully, more to follow

UPDATE!!!!

Still haven't had time to drive the truck. Working mandatory overtime for a total of 50+ hours a week at my normal job then doing my EMS and firefighter duties on the other; then have two kids to watch and now we are prepping are house for rent as we are closing on another in about a month! I do have vacation coming up so I plan on getting a few hours on the Losi carb. I will say this: Traxxas settings are way off with this carb: very lean on the low and rich on the high. Losi settings have worked pretty well though I haven't had time to dial it in.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Double G I guess you have a valid excuse, we will let you pass just this once I am a newbie to all of this and I caved and bought the Losi Carb. I figured for the money it woud be worth it after reading through the forums and this post. Making sure the slide opened and closed smoothly was the challenge. The ball link from Losi did not fit. I ground down the shaft of the ball link with a dremel. I took care to make it smooth. The stock ball link will not fit on the Losi. You could grind the U link that the ball link fits into also. I also installed the center diff and rear brake and the stock servo was having trouble opening the carb all the way. It was only opening to about 85% I just replaced it with a Traxxas 7075 throttle servo and it is much better. It opens all the way. I also used the older 2.5 slayer throttle return spring. I have not run it since the new throttle servo and spring but it was easier to tune with the new carb. I don't think I have dialed it in yet, I am still trying to understand this whole Nitro thing. It seems to jump off the line a little faster and it idles a lot smoother. Temp seemed to stay around 250 at the bottom of the cooling head according to the telemetry and around 265-270 at the Glow Plug. This was about 85-90 F with minimal humidity. It has not stalled on me which I am happy about. It shreds the stock tires. I am going to take apart the center diff and change to 500k weight fluid and see how it goes. I will report back and let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Beamin; 07-10-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

RC poster
    Sorry it is a Traxxas 2075 throttle servo

RC poster
    I put the heavy slayer pro throttle return spring back on with the stronger servo

RC Competitor
    Great info guys, didn't know the force carb would fit this engine; have one on the shelf may give it a try...
    Summit, Slash 4x4 Platinum, Revo 3.3, T-MaxxPro-15

RC Champion
    I can't find the 523 anywhere

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    I can't find the 523 anywhere
    I found a place in the UK, I hope this helps.
    http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/product-108063.php
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Champion
    Are u sure that's it it's about 50 bucks cheaper

RC Qualifier
    Thats not the carb on that page and the carb on that page will not fit
    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Chevy View Post
    I found a place in the UK, I hope this helps.
    http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/product-108063.php

RC Champion
    I didn't think so

RC Competitor
    Sorry fellas, I almost ordered this one thanks for correcting me. I guess they dont make it anymore.
    Summit
    Slayer Pro 4X4

RC Competitor
    can someone help me out on where to order this carb ive been looking for it everywhere and cant seem to find a place that sells it...
    Jato 2.5 w/ 3.3
    T-maxx 4907
    1/16 E-Revo VXL

RC Qualifier
    A main hobbies and if there out put it on back order.
    Quote Originally Posted by trxjato2.5 View Post
    can someone help me out on where to order this carb ive been looking for it everywhere and cant seem to find a place that sells it...

RC Champion
    Got my tm 523 installed in my revo today with the Tekno pro throttle linkage going to try it out tomorrow

RC Qualifier
    awesome you will enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    Got my tm 523 installed in my revo today with the Tekno pro throttle linkage going to try it out tomorrow

RC Champion
    I just wanted to post here and say if u have ever contemplated getting a better carb for ur 3.3 then do it, it is so much Easter to tune (1/4 turns instead on like 1/16 ) and it holds a tune so much better I know all this has been mentioned but I figured since I'm kinda new to nitro and it worked for me another newb out there might want to try it now...I also have an RB nova carb (9mm throat ) that I turned the base down to fit the 3.3 and the linkage works for it to the only problem with it is the body is a little long and there is barly enough room for the filter to clear the spur.

RC Qualifier
    The 8mm is plenty big enough for the 3.3

RC Racer
    Any updates on the carbs for the 3.3. I can't seem to find the tm 523 so atm I'm thinking about ordering a losi 3.4 carb for a cheap quick fix them probably swap engines to the O.S .21tm.
    Is there another cheap alternative to the losi 3.4, like an Ofna or Force, what model carbs or part numbers are they??, whats the best cheap option for a quick fix, I just want a bit better tuning & performance until I get the O.S engine.
    Once I have the O.S then I will probably end up having the 3.3 modified with whatever carb I get for it, unless I really kill it before hand, which is quite possible.
    Thanks
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Champion
    If u have access to a lath u can turn one down to fit

RC Qualifier
    The Losi 3.4 carb works great. I would run it if I had to. I aclty have one on my slayer truck and one on one of my jato trucks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziii View Post
    Any updates on the carbs for the 3.3. I can't seem to find the tm 523 so atm I'm thinking about ordering a losi 3.4 carb for a cheap quick fix them probably swap engines to the O.S .21tm.
    Is there another cheap alternative to the losi 3.4, like an Ofna or Force, what model carbs or part numbers are they??, whats the best cheap option for a quick fix, I just want a bit better tuning & performance until I get the O.S engine.
    Once I have the O.S then I will probably end up having the 3.3 modified with whatever carb I get for it, unless I really kill it before hand, which is quite possible.
    Thanks

RC Racer
    As the Losi 3.4 carb is very similar to the standard 3.3 carb, I guess the standard throttle linkgage on the 3.3 carb & throttle servo (Revo 5309) should work on new carb as well or would I need to modify it.
    Would anyone happen to have a couple of pictures showing the set up with the losi 3.4 carb on the 3.3 engine, I want to keep the electric starter set up on as well.

RC Qualifier
    Its a direct bolt on nothing to modfie.
    As the Losi 3.4 carb is very similar to the standard 3.3 carb, I guess the standard throttle linkgage on the 3.3 carb & throttle servo (Revo 5309) should work on new carb as well or would I need to modify it.
    Would anyone happen to have a couple of pictures showing the set up with the losi 3.4 carb on the 3.3 engine, I want to keep the electric starter set up on as well.

The throttle arm that is on the Losi carb is thicker which requires some trimming of the swivel to open it up so they fit. The barrel is too big so the Traxxas one will not fit on the Losi. I also found that the Losi body needed some light sanding in order for it to smoothly fit into the block.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    You bolt the traxxas arm on and I never had to sand anything and or the 30 other people that had bought them and installed them.
    The throttle arm that is on the Losi carb is thicker which requires some trimming of the swivel to open it up so they fit. The barrel is too big so the Traxxas one will not fit on the Losi. I also found that the Losi body needed some light sanding in order for it to smoothly fit into the block.

Kind of difficult to put a Traxxas throttle arm with an I.D. of 7.07mm onto a Losi carb barrel that is 7.48mm O.D. without modification.
    In addition, the Traxxas swivel has a 2.24mm opening and the smallest part of the Losi throttle arm is 2.65mm.

Have the parts lying out in front of me with my digital caliper and verified the measurements three times prior to posting. I'm expressing my experience with fitting the Losi carb onto my 3.3 engine. I haven't read the experiences of the 30 others to date.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Thanks for that. Has anyone got some pics showing the linkage setup they have used with any mods done. I might be able to find some other bits I could use when I put my order in to make it all fit together easier or better. I guess its only the part where the Traxxas 90 degree throttle arm linkages goes onto the losi carbs barrel slide that may cause the problem.

RC Champion
    how much do these RB carbs sell for ?

RC Champion
    =ozziii;5321529]Thanks for that. Has anyone got some pics showing the linkage setup they have used with any mods done. I might be able to find some other bits I could use when I put my order in to make it all fit together easier or better. I guess its only the part where the Traxxas 90 degree throttle arm linkages goes onto the losi carbs barrel slide that may cause the problem.
    You could get the tekno throttle linkage......

=zoraduntov;5321605]how much do these RB carbs sell for ?
    I got lucky and got both of mine of eBay for $15 shipped
    Last edited by Emaxx1991; 10-28-2012 at 11:52 AM.

RC Racer
    Yeah I have seen the Teckno pro throttle linkage, don't really like how it goes around the outside of the roll bar, could easily be hit & damaged in a crash, maybe it could be modified or mounted differently so the linkage from the servo goes inside the roll bar though.

RC Champion
    Yeah I have seen the Teckno pro throttle linkage, don't really like how it goes around the outside of the roll bar, could easily be hit & damaged in a crash, maybe it could be modified or mounted differently so the linkage from the servo goes inside the roll bar though.
    There really was no other way I could see to mount it but I raced mine with no roll bar anyway so I didn't mind