RC Competitor

Forward throttle temporary sticking/no response

I think this has been addressed, but I could not find the post/thread about it. When I come to a stop by using the brake and then forward throttle, some times it will not go until I release the throttle and squeeze it again. This is mostly on quick stop & start situations. If memory serves me correctly, I think it lunges forward first and then stops quickly and won't go till I release and squeeze it once more. Thoughts and/or recommendations. This was running in training mode, so not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

RC poster
    Do you hear a high pitch sound that seems like the motor is trying to turn but wont? My new summit did that the first day and it fried both my ESC and motor.

RC Competitor
    I hear a very high pitch sound all the time when I push the throttle. Just thought that was the ESC and was normal. Is that not normal? I got the new replacement steering servo in, added some diff oil to the rear (didn't shim though since I couldn't find locally), swapped the rear arms out for RPM, ran a full pack through tonight, half on training mode, half normal and all good so far. Just still have that little pause at first throttle punch. Release and resqueeze and it takes off. It did this in both modes.

RC Enthusiast
    Piper, i think that you high pitch sound comes from clutch...

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the response, but I think it is just the ESC that I am hearing. I read others mention the same thing. I tightend the slipper clutch a little, but didn't seem to make a difference. I am just new and not sure what is normal and what is not.

RC Enthusiast
    Another high pitch sound comes from the ESC (or motor, don't know), but only when you push throttle a little, not full throttle, it's normal,