RC Competitor

Simple question regarding the button on VXL-3s

Yes, I too am a victim of the button sticking on my week old Slash 4x4. So bummed... The home remedies did not work so I contacted Traxxas. Nice guys over there in support! My question is... When they send you a replacement is it a refurb or is it new? Is it a unit that has some sort of fix so this won't happen again in two weeks? Thanks!

I believe I have gotten both. New and refurbished. As long as it works, it really doesn't matter. Usually they test the unit before they send it to you, So you shouldn't have the same problem.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    Hey JD, same thing happend to me the first day when I got my slash. They will send a brand new one, not a repair or refurb, and from what the tech said, they have corrected issue when you recieve new esc.
    To be on the safe side tho, I would still put a small square piece of electric tape over button. This will not allow any grit inside button to stick.

RC Competitor
    Cool, thanks for the responses guys. I will definitely use tape going forward and getting Outerwears shroud.

Welcome to the forums!!!

RC Racer
    Yes, I have the outerwears shroud also very nice.
    Also, if the slash you purchased was the first one you have used, alot of people press really hard on that esc button because there isn't that click on/off noise not knowing.
    You just need to lightly press the button untill light turns on and off, by pressing it really hard may also have a play in esc going defective also with maybe grit in there also.
    Call them get rma emailed to you, Ship defective esc to them first class with confirmation in bubble envelope will only cost 1.75 I got mine back within a 10 days total!

RC Competitor
    UPDATE!! The answer to my own question if the replacement ESC is new or refurb... It's NEW!! New in box that is! It was sent to me new in a retail box. I can already tell a difference in the feel of the button. Traxxas support was really nice and helpful too. I am back in business!

Congratulations! Now go have fun!

RC poster
    Glue a shock bladder over the button to keep the dirt out.

I would be a little cautious of gluing anything to the esc. Might void the warranty. Call Traxxas and get their advice.