Thread: RPM Bulkheads

RC Competitor

RPM Bulkheads

does anyone know if RPM makes bulkheads? I dont think they do but i was just wondering. Im not spending the money on aluminum and the stock ones break left and right on my modded 3.3
    -Off the Jump!!-

CRASH

RC Competitor
    They do not make bulk heads for the maxx trucks. But if your spending 8.00 on a set of factory bulk heads you could get a good set of bulk heads and never have to worry about them breaking. just stay away from integy.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    no they dont make it due to its flexibility (I think). aluminum is much better choice as long as you get the good one, together with aluminum skids then cover it with RPM skid plates.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyt1994 View Post
    does anyone know if RPM makes bulkheads? I dont think they do but i was just wondering. Im not spending the money on aluminum and the stock ones break left and right on my modded 3.3
    You are kinda SOL then! RPM cant offer you bulks and stocks are a weak point. Aluminum is your best bet by far. If you spend the money now, you will not likely have to spend it again. $70 for a set of front and rear aluminum bulks is a good deal when you consider that you wont have to worry about it anymore.
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

you can get aluminum bulks for $50 shipped off ebay which comes with both front and rear. best bang for the buck and thats the acncm bulks. take your pic, $8 repeatedly, or $50 one time................
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    you can get aluminum bulks for $50 shipped off ebay which comes with both front and rear. best bang for the buck and thats the acncm bulks. take your pic, $8 repeatedly, or $50 one time................
    +1 best bulk heads for the least amount of moneys.
    3.3 t-maxx, O.S. .18TM t-maxx, HV brushless e-maxx

RC Qualifier
    +1 i run acncm
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve

RC Competitor
    RPM just released bulkheads in black and blue for the tmaxx trucks I know they are available on the RPM site but do not know if your LHC will have them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bekk View Post
    RPM just released bulkheads in black and blue for the tmaxx trucks I know they are available on the RPM site but do not know if your LHC will have them yet.
    Hope they use different plastic than on their A-arms... The A-arm, shock towers, axle carriers/knuckles are made from the same type of plastic which is more flexible than stock... That's why they don't break as easily because they flex...

Now the axle carriers have had issues with the pillowballs popping out... Why? Simple, the flexibility of the plastic is allowing them to....

If they are using the same type of plastic,,, I'd pass on those bulks and just go with a reputable set of aluminum bulks, you will not be disappointed... You get flex in bulkheaqds and you are going to have driveline issues down the road....

I just did a little reading on their site,,, the plastic is the same but they claim of some re-engineering... To me certain things need to flex and others do not... Bulkheads are definitely on the No-flex list.....
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 04-25-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous