RC Qualifier

Stock Drive Shaft Problems

Anybody breaking the Stockdrive shafts that goes to the wheels? I'm cracking the outer tube. I guess time for a upgrade. Any sugestion?

FLM or MIP cvd's should fix it.

RC Qualifier
    Has anybody tested both to see which ones are better?
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    FLM or MIP cvd's should fix it.

I tested the protos for FLM and they work great. I actually still have them on my truck and it's been at least 2 years now of running on them. I was running THS center CVD's but those took a dump and I ordered the MIP C-CVD center set to try and the MIP's are pretty beefy as well. The MIP CVD's looks just like a stock spline shaft only in hardened steel. Now the FLM's are just as strong but are lighter. The FLM is a dog bone style CVD. I think the MIP's are around $55 for a set of two shafts (4 needed for the truck), the FLM's are $75 for all 4 shafts.

RC Qualifier
    My bigesst concern is how much do they weigh? I saw MIP went over to that splined deal but first thing I thought washow much do they weigh. I always want to take weight out of a car or truck not add. Is there a web site for the FLMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    I tested the protos for FLM and they work great. I actually still have them on my truck and it's been at least 2 years now of running on them. I was running THS center CVD's but those took a dump and I ordered the MIP C-CVD center set to try and the MIP's are pretty beefy as well. The MIP CVD's looks just like a stock spline shaft only in hardened steel. Now the FLM's are just as strong but are lighter. The FLM is a dog bone style CVD. I think the MIP's are around $55 for a set of two shafts (4 needed for the truck), the FLM's are $75 for all 4 shafts.

Fastlanemachine.net. They took the pics down. You can't order directly from them you have to get them from RC-monster or one of their other dealers. You have to figure though, the little bit of extra weight can be overlooked in the strength you will be adding.