RC poster

New to r/c and nitro

I picked up a couple nitro cars one rustler and one Slayer pro. The Rustler runs like a champ but the Slayer has one if not more issues and thats where i need some experience. The slayer has a hard starting issue thats a real pain and i understand tuning will probably fix it but i think i need a receiver? maybe... It started out with a steering problem as soon as i turned it on it turned the servo right and the trim wouldnt straighten it out so i too the arm off the servo and repositioned it next time i ran it the throttle pretty much did the same thing in getting way off idle and the trim adjustment wouldnt get it all. I swapped crystals in my radios just to see if it was the radio but that didt change anything so am i wron in saying the receiver problem? The on/off switch also bit the big one during all this. Thanks for any help. James

RC Qualifier
    Try swaping out another radio and reciver or just the receiver. Make sure all your batterys are fully charged or new. Also if its the new TQ radio reset the defaults back to factory specs and see if it continue to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 347mav View Post
    I picked up a couple nitro cars one rustler and one Slayer pro. The Rustler runs like a champ but the Slayer has one if not more issues and thats where i need some experience. The slayer has a hard starting issue thats a real pain and i understand tuning will probably fix it but i think i need a receiver? maybe... It started out with a steering problem as soon as i turned it on it turned the servo right and the trim wouldnt straighten it out so i too the arm off the servo and repositioned it next time i ran it the throttle pretty much did the same thing in getting way off idle and the trim adjustment wouldnt get it all. I swapped crystals in my radios just to see if it was the radio but that didt change anything so am i wron in saying the receiver problem? The on/off switch also bit the big one during all this. Thanks for any help. James