RC poster

Exclamation e revo wont go forward or backwards

Hey people,

I'm kinda new to this and having an issue with my e-revo.

In that it won't move but has full steering just no power getting to the motors and the esc light flashing.

Replaced the motors and all, sent the ESC away to get it checked, come back all good. When I try to accelerate it just makes a little clicky noise from the speed controller and the light flashes out and in again. The motors are perfect as tried them on a battery, work fine, plus the fact they are brand new!

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks for help guys

RC Racer
    did you recalibrate your esc? i would start there.

RC poster
    Yep, done all of that!! Still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostCreepr View Post
    did you recalibrate your esc? i would start there.

RC Competitor
    kinda a dumb question but did u plug in the speed control to the correct spot an make sure its pluged in the correct way

RC poster
    Yeh it's all put in correctly.

RC poster
    Everyone seems dumbfounded by it.....very strange, done all possible, but still nothing!!

Quote Originally Posted by offroader77 View Post
    kinda a dumb question but did u plug in the speed control to the correct spot an make sure its pluged in the correct way

RC Racer
    Seems simple enough. Only a few possible solutions. Some of this may sound common sense but just bear with me. Are the motor wires hooked up correctly to the ESC? I know you said the rx wires are correct but double check. You said you have steering, so try unplugging that wire and plug the esc wire into that spot. Then try and use the steering wheel which will control the throttle. If it works plug it back up correctly and see if it works. If not verify you are plugging it into the proper channel. Are the batteries fully charged and hooked up correctly? Also double check that you've done the calibration correctly. I thought I had calibrated my esc the other day but in reality I didn't calibrate it, i switched it into training mode. (i've had electric rc's for years so I'm not insulting your intelligence). Next check your driveline, diff's, pinion/spur, and make sure nothing is jammed up. Try rotating everything by hand to make sure it spins freely. After trying all this, give the thing some throttle to where it starts clicking and push your car manually. Try it in both forward and reverse. Does it move? If so you have some serious cogging issues. Lastly, do you have a different set of batteries to try preferrablly lipo?
    Edit: thought of a few more things. What color is the led that is flashing? Make sure the batts are fresh, and like I said earlier try and hook up a different set of batteries. If you don't have any other batteries except the 2 you have been using, run up to a hobby shop if possible and 99% of the time they will have a lipo that they can use to make sure the battery isn't the issue. Oh, did you check your throttle time on your tx? Put it at zero. Also if theres anyway, try and reset your tx to everything default. I keep thinking of stuff to add. if all that doesn't work, while you are at the lhs, see if they got an esc you can try out.If it works with a different esc, you know its either something with the programming of the esc, or the esc was actually not good when they sent it back. In my experience, usually when you have a problem like this where it seems like you've tried everything its usually something VERY simple that you will just feel dumb about when you figure it out. That or its just the esc is fried. Also, if you have a multimeter, unhook the wires going from the esc to the motor. Hook your multimeter up to the esc side of the wire. plug it in, give it some throttle and see how many volts if any you get coming off the motor.
    Last edited by stingeragents; 01-17-2012 at 06:55 PM.