Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    I like that silverado body alot. My grandpa used to have one like that back in the day.
    2 Slash's, 1 Nitro Sport, 1 P2DE

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    I lived in Nashville food some years, had friends in Kentucky. Grandpa must have been Pa-Pa to you, that's what my buddies called their grandfathers. The same truck body in a different size looked real nice on another build I did so maybe I had an idea of what it should have been but didn't quite get there lol. The paint looks cool but I think the red I used is where I let myself down, should have been brighter, more pop and color separation.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    Ha you are correct thats what I call him. I dont think it looks to bad in the pics, I want to put the new silverado body for the tmaxx on my slash because my 1:1 is one. I am just worried it wont look right.

I'm running a very wide track and I think that's about the only thing that's helping. Pop it on there see how it fits, it may look scale with a set of sc wheels like the bfg's

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I'm running a very wide track and I think that's about the only thing that's helping. Pop it on there see how it fits, it may look scale with a set of sc wheels like the bfg's
    I may, I have a slash silverado body on the way now from Pro-line. I may try the normal one out on my nitro sport if it fits.

Well I did it again lol. I caught an edge on the sidewalk while buzzing along, 3s, 2400kv, moving pretty fast... ripped the skid plat loose, cracked rear towwer, rear bumper, bent chassis saver, and broken chassis.

Well I did score a skid after scouring the country for it.

The only thing that sucks is I gotta carve up the chassis to suite my needs. I like to put the CC power switch under the esc plate I've made for the MMP. Also have to drill for the chassis saver. Not to big of a deal but, its just time consuming mod. So anyway here's the way I cut the chassis.to house the switch.

And added the saver witch is a vital piece for this truck if you intend to be rough on it.

Here's the result of the chassis mod I like to do for the switch. Looks clean and well placed. I can reach under the body and flip the switch.

After all that was done, I stripped the tranny and put the new black tranny together. I had already filled the diff with ofna diff lock 50,000wt. I put the full truck together adding a red breaded sleeve and shrink rap.

The day I made the vids at the track, I bought the chevy body. I started using it today. I adjusted the body joints a few times till I found a suitable hight. Its kinda growing on me now. Maybe I'll add some carbon touches or factory decals.

Apparently, 2 days is a bit to much to ask of a chassis round here... looks like I'll be carving up another one today for the switch slot and chassis saver. Man what a pain in the bulkhead! Maybe its time for a REM chassis! This lil pile is from the last 2months, im pretty sure I left a couple behind at the track too. 5-6 chassis, 2 front towers, 4 bulkheads, 2 rear towers, 3 a arms, 3 rear skids, 2 front skids, 3 top shafts, 2 diffs, just a very short list of broken parts in the last 5-8 weeks.

I'll be looking into a REM chassis today. I will pick up a new black one at the chop shop this afternoon but, I have to wait till the mail comes first. I've got a couple Promatch 3s 5200 50c hard case lipo's due in today. These batteries are powerhouse! $119.98 to the door, great deal! If you haven't seen a REM chassis for the slash then here you go, I'll get it in black. Anodized.

Im a basher and their is no real consequence to using this chassis in my case other than maybe a chassis that doesn't brake lol what's your thoughts. Where do you see the brakes happening if I use this. My guess is in the towers and bulk if a switch to alloy.
    Last edited by thedreadedend; 02-10-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Checked the mail a few minutes ago, I ordered. Tuesday night and got my order friday morning. From Arizona to Massachusetts in a few days, love promatch service and power!

size comparison for ya, SPC 2c 6000 30c next to the 3s 5200 50c Promatch. Boy they just get smaller and smaller..

I did a bit of work with the shocks today, left it at 30wt f/r. It woks well for me till I get a lighter oil for the front. I know this doesn't mimic to real rc action but its always interesting.