RC Competitor

T-Maxx 3.3 vs. Hpi Savage x 4.6

i have the t-maxx 3.3 and my dad recently got the hpi savage x 4.6. it says they go the same speed the savage is a lot heavier they are both the same size, the x has two side plates so at stock ride height the t-maxx has a lot more ground clearance, but one thing i like about the x is that how it has a two tier suspension. Also all the components are compacted together and would really be hard to get to when you go to work on it, unlike the t-maxx were all the components are easily accessible.

What do you think???????????????????

tomorrow we are going to break in and run the x, and see what happens. ill post again. maybye some pics.
    T-MAXX 3.3

RC Champion
    I hate to tell you this, but you might find that people here are a little biased.....that being said, I like my maxx for the very fact that it is super easy to work on. Now that I have replaced alot of the stock plstic with aluminum it is also very duarable now too. The savage is a nice truck too, but it is heavy and like you say alot harder to work on.
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37° 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115° 47' 34.8713"
    Quote Originally Posted by trapdrew View Post
    i have the t-maxx 3.3 and my dad recently got the hpi savage x 4.6. it says they go the same speed the savage is a lot heavier they are both the same size, the x has two side plates so at stock ride height the t-maxx has a lot more ground clearance, but one thing i like about the x is that how it has a two tier suspension. Also all the components are compacted together and would really be hard to get to when you go to work on it, unlike the t-maxx were all the components are easily accessible.

What do you think???????????????????

tomorrow we are going to break in and run the x, and see what happens. ill post again. maybye some pics.
    last one of these tmaxx vs. savage threads i posted on got shut down cause it causes a huge controversy, so i assume this one will to...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Champion
    thats my guess too

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    its only a matter of time this thread will be lock.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    Yup, Im waiting for it now

RC Champion
    thats why im going to hurry and copy paste what i said in the other one, hahaha

from my point of view, savage is a strong truck, but its slower and less nimble on its feet, both great trucks, and i run my tmaxx against my buddies savage4.6 all the time, his can take more abuse without breaking once again imo, but mine takes its fair share without failing, both will break eventually if you push them hard enouph, but from what ive seen on the abusing side his savage takes way more abuse without failing then mine....

im speaking stock for stock btw, upgrades always help

as far as are they both good trucks yes both are very great trucks to have, my favs for monster trucks are the tmaxx,savage,and losi LST

in a race i destroy my buddies savage.....

7. No “this vs. that” posts (ie Ford vs Chevy): These types of threads invoke strong opinions, flaring tempers, and often result in flame wars and mass penalties. These threads will ultimately end up being deleted.
    454 bb maxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaxx View Post
    7. No “this vs. that” posts (ie Ford vs Chevy): These types of threads invoke strong opinions, flaring tempers, and often result in flame wars and mass penalties. These threads will ultimately end up being deleted.
    the other got locked but was never deleted... thats how i copied and pasted, accually it was a very accurate and non violent thread to, but who knows what it would have become

im not saying to keep this open or anything, but i do love a good heated debate, it makes me laugh alot

im laughing now just thinking of the mass penalties being handed out, hahahah
    Last edited by kuskye25; 01-07-2012 at 12:14 AM.

RC Competitor
    Seems rather biased actually that comparison threads would be shut down. There are a few civilized people in the world who can discuss the pros and cons of each truck without acting like fools. Personally i own both hpi and traxxas trucks, from the t-maxxx to the 4.6X...to the e-revo and the flux hp. People with experience with them are a wealth of knowledge to those who have only seen one side of the coin. Oranges, apples, or tangelo's. If its not "legal" to discuss anything to do with another company or how they are better or worse...then any thread with "hop ups" and strengthening techniques such as "losi diffs" or any tech from another brand should follow suit. Just an observation, and would hope the company folks would see things like this as an oppurtunity to take criticism as constructive.

yeah this thread will be deleated. a mod probably just hasnt seen it yet. i can easily talk about a savage without getting mad, i dont own one, drove one once though. it was way slower than my maxx. and i love my maxx, yeah it may need some upgrades out of the box but in the end i think its a better truck due to the ease to work on them. but thats just my opinion.

as for the upgrades not being talked about thing. we can talk about other products to upgrade our maxx's but............ thats why we cant post links to no traxxas products.

i feel if it goes on a maxx, or is being put on a maxx then we should be able to post links, but thats just my opinion. and even if i dont agree with it, theres much knowledge to be learned from others. so that makes it worth it to me.

if you want a more unbiased opinion you might want to ask in a non traxxas or a non hpi forum.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

Well i have owned both.this is how the flame war starts,i say savage is a poj,that's being nice someone else defends hpi with their own choice of langauge and the warning points start flying.That's why traxxas has rule # 7 in place.It's for your own protection lol.as far as being able to discuss hop ups or post links i agree we should be allowed.it's only to benefit our traxxas model truck's,which i love so much!!
    454 bb maxx

yeah i love my traxxas vehicles, great support, helpful forum, super reliable, easy to work on, lot of hop ups, how much more can you really ask for?

not gonna lye, there are some non traxxas rides i wouldnt mind having or atleast trying out.
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    yeah i love my traxxas vehicles, great support, helpful forum, super reliable, easy to work on, lot of hop ups, how much more can you really ask for?

not gonna lye, there are some non traxxas rides i wouldnt mind having or atleast trying out.
    i hear ya i own a couple..
    454 bb maxx

fantomaxx, pm me what you got. theres a few i would like to get an opinion on lol
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by kuskye25 View Post
    the other got locked but was never deleted... thats how i copied and pasted, accually it was a very accurate and non violent thread to, but who knows what it would have become

im not saying to keep this open or anything, but i do love a good heated debate, it makes me laugh alot

im laughing now just thinking of the mass penalties being handed out, hahahah
    Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    yeah this thread will be deleated. a mod probably just hasnt seen it yet. i can easily talk about a savage without getting mad, i dont own one, drove one once though. it was way slower than my maxx. and i love my maxx, yeah it may need some upgrades out of the box but in the end i think its a better truck due to the ease to work on them. but thats just my opinion.

as for the upgrades not being talked about thing. we can talk about other products to upgrade our maxx's but............ thats why we cant post links to no traxxas products.

i feel if it goes on a maxx, or is being put on a maxx then we should be able to post links, but thats just my opinion. and even if i dont agree with it, theres much knowledge to be learned from others. so that makes it worth it to me.

if you want a more unbiased opinion you might want to ask in a non traxxas or a non hpi forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaxx View Post
    Well i have owned both.this is how the flame war starts,i say savage is a poj,that's being nice someone else defends hpi with their own choice of langauge and the warning points start flying.That's why traxxas has rule # 7 in place.It's for your own protection lol.as far as being able to discuss hop ups or post links i agree we should be allowed.it's only to benefit our traxxas model truck's,which i love so much!!
    Trust me, I've seen it and have been keeping my eye on it. I have no problem in that there is a healthy discussion, but this/that threads tend to get heated where people start attacking each other, e-bullying gets worse and it turns sour real fast. This is a Traxxas forum and we all Traxxas. There have been plenty other threads about this comparison; each has its strengths. This may just be an apples vs oranges discussion just like T-Maxx vs Revo vs Jato vs 1/16 (insert model here) etc.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    instead of complaining about what will be deleted just answer the guys question. i like them both i like the t-maxx bc the versatility and ease of working but i like the savage for the raw power and durability its hard to break them they are both fun to mess around with and i know people with both but i went with the maxx bc its cheaper parts wise and easier to mod without having a full machine shop at your disposal, a dremel a paper clip and three band-aids and your max is running again!

RC Champion
    There are tons of parts available for both, but I do love the ease of use when it comes to the Tmaxx. Its nice that the Savage comes stock with stronger parts. Are the upgrade parts for the maxx really that much cheaper than the savage upgrades? I dont think I have ever compared the prices between the 2 models. My tmaxx can really take a good beating now that I have put on the aluminum and RPM stuff. Although I know that the stock maxx can take a good bashing too.

RC Competitor
    so we ran the x and the maxx today, on the third tank of the break in on the x the spur gear stripped and the throttle servo on my maxx is not working properly , the a arm bolt on the maxx broke again

ill post more after i get them running
    T-MAXX 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    Well I own a 2.5 maxx and my neighbor has a savage with the 5.9 an my maxx will still eat him for breakfast. the savage is nice. but not easy to work on. It idles nice and is well built.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    well since this is still here and not locked, I may as well say something. I never owned a savage either but, they're built like a tank for sure. I have really nothing bad or against HPI cause I own few of them in the past. Its all about prefference and what you want, its your choice, its your hobby and we all just have to enjoy it.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    +100^

its all about fun one of my friends said he didnt understand why i liked them so much untill i took it to his house and let him drive it now he wants one. its like a drug first time and your HOOKED!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    its only a matter of time this thread will be lock.
    Yeah, VS threads don't last long around here.
    Can't say I'm complaining though, they start a lot of flame wars.
    But I have to throw in opinion Go Traxxas all the way, this shouldn't be breaking any rules because everyone seems to be recommending the T-maxx. They are both great rigs, but the T-Maxx gets the prize in this comparison.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Competitor
    well nobodys shut this thread down yet
    T-MAXX 3.3