Thread: Run Time

RC poster

Run Time

What is the typical run time for the NIMH batteries???? Looking to go electric for my son but dont want him only running a few minutes at the time, kinda stressful there.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure the size batteries you are running (assume stock). But the higher the mah the longer the run time. With stock batteries I would get about 15-20 min runtime. I really would try and go Lipo if you have a charger that is compatible? In the long run it will give you vary long runtimes and cheaper in the long run IMO. Not sure where you are in the hobby with your son, but if he seems to like it so far it would be that much better. And if he does not want to stay in the hobby it will make selling that much more faster/appealing to people once again IMO. And also it depends on how he drives, and on what and not to sure what rc you guys have?
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Racer
    Depends on the mah rating and driving style,gearing,charging ect.With a 3000mah nimh we get about 20 minutes,with a 4500mah we average 25-35 minutes if not more,we take short breaks and never run our trucks until they are dead,when they are not as fun to drive we quit.There are alot of factors that determine battery run times on any battery

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    ^^^^25-35mins, is that for just a single 7cell 8.4v 4500mAh nimh battery or double? I happen to buy this batt for now and upgrade to lipo later on when $$$ is right, LOL. OOhhh, I'll be using this batteries for Mamba BL from ERBE.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    As others have said, depends on what you're doing. I generally find empty gravel lots, parking lots, gravel pits/topsoil places after hours, bmx park, etc. I'm not bashing, and I'm not racing, so my batteries actually last longer than most. I get about 20 or more from the stock 3000mah 7 cell hump Traxxas, and honestly I get bored before my 5000mah runs out.

Mamba BL? You may want to just step up and get the Lipo now...5000mah 2s are the same price or less than nimh if you look, that is if you have a balancing charger. I just ordered an Ecopower 2s 30c 5000mah from A Main Hobbies for like $35 + $5 for the connector to charge.
    Last edited by Toyboarder; 01-24-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    P2de VXL - Summit

I meant I have 2x 8.4v 7 cell 4500mAh nimh batts that i'll be using for now until I get my lipo batts 2x 2s 30c 5000mAh along with the traxxas charger.

so with those run time, are they 2 batts or single on nimh?

RC Champion
    Run time all depends on how many mah the battery has, the more you have, the longer the run time.
    It also depends on how hard you run the car, so it is very hard to say exactly how much run time you will get.

i understand the runtime depends on how high your mAh and how hard you run the truck. but my question above goes to #2 post as he said he gets 15-20 mins out of stock batts. is it a single nimh batt or dual nimh batts? he never respont to it, LOL.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i understand the runtime depends on how high your mAh and how hard you run the truck. but my question above goes to #2 post as he said he gets 15-20 mins out of stock batts. is it a single nimh batt or dual nimh batts? he never respont to it, LOL.
    I have a slash 1/10, and 7 cell 8.4v. 3500mAh, and i run for almost 30 minutes with one battery, so if i run two batteries in parallel, i'll get near an hour of runtime, but then again, it all dépends on your driving!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.