RC poster

slash pre runner

hey guy thinking of turning my slash into a pre runner, what parts am i looking at replacing? i know i will need jato a arms but what else will have to be swapped out in the front end of my slash??

RC poster
    ive had this idea my slef! ...dont think am steling your idea i think its a good one ! all ive done is i have a parts truck that is a jat, and seen that the arms whould be a cool idea on my slash...but my slash is 4x4 an whould like to keep it that way....are u keeping 4x4 or just 2x4 b/c looks like u have to use slash hubs for the 4x4 and whats your idea on the shocks mouting up ?

Airleak...

RC Champion
    edit

woops Is your slash 4x4? or 2?
    Last edited by Krazy-SLASH#1; 01-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.

RC Qualifier
    This may be a dumb question but why is it called a prerunner and whats the point.
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Champion
    its the look... tires sticking out past the body.

RC Champion

RC poster
    i have the 4x4 i was thinking of useing the rear a arms off a jato and the rear driveshafts off one? but what is the parts list i need to replace ?? like what needs to be changed would i better to use the jato front arms?? any info would be great

RC poster
    as for the shocks i will be using e maxx shocks and springs all around as they are longer and allow more travel, all ready have them off a old e maxx

RC Qualifier
    THERE ARE NOT MY PICS - borrowed from a thread on rcshortcourse.com

this is how I did my jato mod (Im trying to break it,its been 2 months), it takes some time and the only problem I ran into is the front and rear of the truck could not get level so I had to decide on whether to get a rear shock tower in front or a front shock tower in rear. I ended up putting front shock tower in rear w/ front shocks all the way around, that was the only way to get the a arms level w/ each other without it drooping

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 96mudder View Post
    as for the shocks i will be using e maxx shocks and springs all around as they are longer and allow more travel, all ready have them off a old e maxx
    E-Maxx shocks are the same length as your rear Slash 4x4 shocks.

RC poster
    wow i posted on this last night thinking i was one of the few with this idea ****..........yea my slash is a 4x4 like to keep it that way.......(Koda Dank)//// did u drill holes an tap the holes or did thos arms have the mounts on them?

RC poster
    the jato amrs are longer was the only why i was going to use them....do they do any thing els but get little more height of the rig?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sosbaja View Post
    wow i posted on this last night thinking i was one of the few with this idea ****..........yea my slash is a 4x4 like to keep it that way.......(Koda Dank)//// did u drill holes an tap the holes or did thos arms have the mounts on them?
    you'll need to cut the arms in half long ways and you'll need to drill the holes for the turnbuckles and you'll need to cut the part that goes in the bulkhead to make it fit and you need long enough screws to go through the bearing carrier

Quote Originally Posted by sosbaja View Post
    the jato amrs are longer was the only why i was going to use them....do they do any thing els but get little more height of the rig?
    IMO it has a wider track so its a little more stable, less traction roll

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ultran8 View Post
    This may be a dumb question but why is it called a prerunner and whats the point.
    A Pre-Runner is exactly that. It PRE runs the Baja 1000, Parker 400, and all those offroad races. With these races, you are given checkpoints you must pass and no route. The Pre-runners pre run to map out a route for the trophy truck, buggy, or whatever vehicle is competing. The prerunner is common because it's common man's trophy truck that's cheap, looks cool, functional, and can still be used for the daily driver.
    Rusty VXL W/ Sandrail Chassis (Coming soon...)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy-SLASH#1 View Post

More about this setup? I'm picturing that width with my bug body.

RC Racer
    One of my favorite pre-runners. Daily driver?.... I wish.

Why not look into the new Proline Protrac kit for the slash 4x4. If you ran that with the stock offset tires that would be wide.

I run the scte 4x4 shocks and have been thinking about running the protrac kit with rear shocks all the way around. I think that would give me all kinds of down travel.
    Last edited by grn_bstrd; 03-04-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    From parts UNKNOWN