Thread: batteries?

RC Qualifier

batteries?

ok, battery question. lets say we have the stock batteries 1 2 3 and 4. can you paralell 1-2 and 3-4 then series 1-2 and 3-4? Thanks

RC Champion
    You can run them in series or parallel if you have the correct adapter and gear the car correctly

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv

If they are of the same brand, construction (nimh or lipo) and power output then yes. Taking your words of stock batteries, you could parallel or series 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 or 1 & 4 and 2 & 3, etc.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    no,no,no. restart. i must not have stated it clearly. ok we have four of the stock batteries, 2 paralell connectors and one series connector. ok, so, lets say i use one paralell battery connector on 2 batteries and the other paralell connector on the other 2 batteries.so right now i have 4 batteries paralelled with 2 connectors but still not connected to the esc. ok now can i use the series connector to connect the 4 packs? the esc can handle that right? i know i will need to make some chassis mods but no biggy. please respond if you understand what im saying

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The way I read it he wants to run both parallel and series at the same time...
    as in there would be 4 batteries on the RC connected with 3 harnesses.

Am I reading it wrong?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I know exactly what you're trying to ask. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it. When you're driving your MERV with 14.4V flowing through it for like 20 minutes, the electronics have a much higher likeliness of overheating and shutting down. Watch your temps!

RC Qualifier
    alright thanks!

where areyou going to mount another 2 batteries? sounds like a dumb idea..... lots of extra weight and stress that it doesnt need to deal with..... just get 2 good quality 3s lipos and run them in paralell, you will get way more out of that setup than your 4 ghetto rigged batteries

RC Qualifier
    good call jimbo