Thread: Engine problems

RC poster

Question Engine problems

Hey guys just wondering if anybody could help me with a starting problem with my nitro sport. Both the lights on the starter wand light up and the glow plug glows but there still is no kick or ignition I have been through all troubleshooting procedures but still no joy Also when the engine is turning it seems that it is pumping too fast when trying to start it. Hope somone can help. Roche rc

RC Enthusiast
    Have you set everything back to original settings? Like the HSN?

RC Qualifier
    Is the engine turning or just the starter ?

Sent from my workbench
    Keep the shiny side up!

even though the glow glows i would put in a new one anyways to try it. have you primed the engine to send fuel to the engine? also make sure your battery is fully charged off the charger helps alot too can cause this problem.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    Yes in have checked all those things and put the carb back to original settings and the engine is turning and I have replaced
    the glow plug many times

RC Enthusiast
    Well I would say something is causing the EZ start to go in to protection mode. If you have a pull start try to put it on and use a ignitor. If the motor is able to turn over when you hit the ezstart and does not get stuck at TDC then I would lean to something with the motor is causing the poblem.

RC poster
    still no joy and by the way thanks for all the advise so far.

RC Enthusiast
    Well the only other thing I can think of is I was having a a problem with the lights going green for a sec and then the motor would turn quick and stop the glow plug light would go out and ez start would go in protections mode. I could say check to make sure the ezstart gears in side are good if they are then look at the motor. I had no issues with the ezstart but the issue was with the sleeve/piston. I had cracked it. Replaced it heated it up with a heat gun and was good. Is the ezstart just running when you hit the button or does it stop. If it keeps turning I would say go to the motor. If it stops look at the ezstart first easy to fix if broken compared to pulling motor. Hope it helps.

RC Racer
    While turning it over do you hear the exhaust? Is fuel getting to the carb?