RC poster

Where do you plan on using your XO-1?

To everyone who has one of these things on order, where are you planning on running the XO-1 flat out?

RC Champion
    Probably somewhere really flat

RC Champion
    I would suggest a municipal airfield, business park (they are usually free of cars on the weekends), shopping center or mall parking lot (best time is sunday mornings) as those usually will get regular service from a street sweeper.

RC Enthusiast
    I will be running it on my street with the standard splitter in "Low Speed" mode....if you want to call low speed 60mph. But to test the potential I will put the high speed splitter on and head to the local supermoto/cart track on an off day and vacant lots around town.

RC Qualifier
    Right on my street , just because You can go 100 does not mean do it if you don't have enough space. Just because my real car can go 140 does not mean I am going to do it. Duh

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen View Post
    Right on my street , just because You can go 100 does not mean do it if you don't have enough space. Just because my real car can go 140 does not mean I am going to do it. Duh
    +1, it's called throttle control. I can't believe the people working in my LHS is giving this excuse why they won't buy this car.
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Qualifier
    Lol , people are so mad about this car. The guys who work at my lhs wants to see me run it before I go home! They are very excited lol. I asked this one guy what did he think about the car and he replies : it takes to much to make it go that fast. Wow all you have to do is change the gear , put the splitter on and unlock it. I love the speed but if it was only half the speed I would still get it. The car looks so good lol. I don't know why people talk bad about traxxas but they lead the way in the Rc. Business and makes the other companies step they game up lol which is cool but traxxas is so so far ahead of the game. The summit is a good example. The Summit is the t-bone steak of all other trucks

RC poster
    My real car is electronically limited to 155mph and I have gone 155mph with it, twice.

It is obvious to me if a person is going to buy a ready to run RC car that's capable of 100mph out of the box, they're going to want to take it to 100mph at some point. I mean you could buy an XO-1 and only go 50mph (or be one of the 2 dozen or so people who will end up buying an XO-1 and never taking it out of the box or putting it in a shelf collection and NEVER running it)...

...but that's just silly. This question is meant for those of us who would buy this insanely cool toy and then actually use it for what's its intended for.

RC Champion
    Even if you can't take it to 100mph in your own street some guy is going to take it that bit further and attempt it....

I can't wait to see crash pics and vids and bills
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    * Royal Purple Raceway (company I work for owns the track)

* Local Private Airport

* Abandoned K-Mart Parking Lot

* Private Asphalt RC Oval (just sold the asphalt for it on Friday)
    Last edited by RedRaider; 01-08-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    ERBE
    2S-6500-35C
    2S/3S-5000-35C
    2S-5000-45C

RC Champion
    Pretty sure your car is a very nice car but I'm also pretty sure the 140mph limit on it wasn't the number 1 selling feature.

RC Champion
    many people are going to be shocked with what 100mph looks like when driving the car. remember 5 seconds is a massive distance while going 100mph + it is near impossible to keep a eye out for obstructions while watching a car at that speed.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Competitor
    same place i play with my 1/16 boss. just because it does 100mph doesnt mean i cant play with it anywhere but an airfield. though i will be on the prowl for places wide open to go once in awhile.
    X0-1/Brushless Boss 302

I'll be at the local 1/8th scale on-road track. Mine will probably never see anything above 50-60 mph.
    Roll cages are RC training wheels

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    At a long street that goes parallel to our river...

200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    At a long street that goes parallel to our river...

just dont make a wrong turn lol, i did that the other day with my slayer pro............

if i were going to buy one i would try and go to the 1/4 paved track thats local here, or maybe to the 1/4 dragstrip which is also near me.

but unless they cut the price in half i will probably never own one or know anyone else who will either. so i will probably never get to drive one ever.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    just dont make a wrong turn lol, i did that the other day with my slayer pro............

if i were going to buy one i would try and go to the 1/4 paved track thats local here, or maybe to the 1/4 dragstrip which is also near me.

but unless they cut the price in half i will probably never own one or know anyone else who will either. so i will probably never get to drive one ever.
    you can always wait for a used one i'm sure you will find a used one shortly after it has come out about 4months after i would say. still will be pricey but not as much new.
    i would run one on my friends street or out in the country here there's only 1 road that i know is smooth enough to run this and reach the 100mph but i would have to drive behind it with my real car not sure if my real car can go that fast on accel haha. still a nice car to have going even 50-60mph
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    i want to see a person mount a gopro on it
    You don't need to plug Nitro into the wall

RC Competitor

Wink

Lol , people are so mad about this car. The guys who work at my lhs wants to see me run it before I go home! They are very excited lol. I asked this one guy what did he think about the car and he replies : it takes to much to make it go that fast. Wow all you have to do is change the gear , put the splitter on and unlock it. I love the speed but if it was only half the speed I would still get it. The car looks so good lol. I don't know why people talk bad about traxxas but they lead the way in the Rc. Business and makes the other companies step they game up lol which is cool but traxxas is so so far ahead of the game. The summit is a good example. The Summit is the t-bone steak of all other trucks
    I totally agree because the XO-1 is FREAKING AMAZING! Iam definetly getting one in a few months and i hope its going to be great! I also own the summit and it is absolutely flawless and is a great versitile platform for having fun while also crawling and jumping and bashing. Great platform the chasis is!
    XO-1 Supercar