RC Racer

Am I Alone? Any New Zealanders out there?

Hello everyone, i was thinking today and was wondering if anyone here from New Zealand.

So if you are from New Zealand could you post here and also say where abouts in NZ you live.
    I live in Hawkes Bay Napier
    Rustler VXL
    Merv
    Soon to be a Wraith owner :)

RC poster
    Hiya Josh.

I'm not a Kiwi (the wife is though) but live in Auckland on the North Shore. Originally from Johannesburg, South Africa.

I've seen a couple of posts from Kiwis on the forums. Don't seem to be many Traxxas owners up here though. parts are a little too pricey as opposed to the states I imagine.

RC Racer
    You have got it, i order my trucks from traxxas.co.nz and they are very expensive so i now order parts from the states.
    What rc cars do you have?
    Rustler VXL
    Merv

RC poster
    Same here, I order from Tower Hobbies although I did get an alu motor mount off trade me for a buck in December, lol. I've only got the Slash 4x4 ultimate. I had to pour myself a double Cpt Morgan overproof when i checked out the price of a standard Slash 2x4 locally. Just thinking about it makes me want to pour another one...i'd better do that now,

I'm nuts about my truck but don't get much chance to use it. the closest tracks to me are in South and West Auckland. Busy following up on a track just North of here in Silverdale but nothing confirmed yet. I just need to get my a in to g and find a half decent bashing spot. Also muck around with helis and planes except the flipping weather hasn't been kind lately.
    Last edited by Freenev; 01-08-2012 at 12:31 AM.

RC Racer
    Totaly i have brought 2 trucks from traxxas new zealand 1 for $400 merv and a $600 rustler vxl i now order my stuff from the states mostly toadzrc, i also dont really get a chance to race because my closest track is hastings about 20 or so mins away from napier, but im out bashing my truck every weekend.
    Rustler VXL
    Merv

RC Racer
    Bump......
    Rustler VXL
    Merv

RC Racer
    Any One
    Rustler VXL
    Merv

RC poster
    Hiya josh....Don't look like nobody out there, Lol.

Checked out toadzrc website. looks like they may have one or two items that I'm after that tower don't.

Thanks for the heads up Bro!!

RC poster
    Hi Josh,
    Just bought a Slash, thanks for the info about toadzrc.
    Unfortunatly I already snapped an a arm and bent a shock so I have parts coming already from a couple of places and it looks like I could have gotten all the parts from toadz for roughly the same price, but I would have saved on shpping.

I live in Christchurch so I only use the truck for bashing because there don't seem to be any tracks around (I did find one, the track doesn't look like much, but it might be worth turning up just to watch)

RC Qualifier

Yeap

Here in Welly with my E-maxx
    Here in the UK, but Maxx back in New Zealand

RC Enthusiast
    Dunedin with revo3.3 :-)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using tapatalk

RC poster

Central Aucklander

Hey

Brand new E-Maxx owner and already smashed up two Suspension arms and a Shock Tower, looking to get a bunch of RPM parts ex states haha

Having heaps of fun but looking for a proper park to do some jumps, the kids at the skatepark get a bit scared when im bashing towards them..

Cheers

RC poster
    Not sure if people still reading this. Im in hawkes bay hastings. Got a revo 2.5r and revo 3.3.
    3.3 is in pieces as needs parts. Found cheap stuff from fishpond.co.nz

RC poster
    Hey guys, I'm on the north shore, Auckland and struggle to find many people who just want to bash.
    I mainly just go to my local park. Sometimes I go next to mitre 10 mega in Albany. It's a pretty good space.
    I've got an erevo 1/10 that I've spent thousands on over the last year or so.
    I also buy most of my parts from ebay. I only use traxxas nz when I need a part super urgently.
    Anyone else out there wanting to meet up just hit me back.cheers