RC Racer

What makes rally spin out?

What makes the rally spin out when let off throttle? It's ok if you slowly let off and feather throttle but otherwise it just spins seems like something too tight. Anyone help?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Could be the drag brake...
    Could be an alignment issue...
    Could be something binding...

Does it roll easy when you push it by hand?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    What terrain are you spinning on.... Dirt, pavement or ?

RC Racer
    Only run on pavement...different motor combo and spins out just like original motor combo

RC Racer
    lack of traction...are you still running the stock tires
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/281683941894234/

RC Racer
    Still running stickers....seems like major drag brake kicks in

RC Qualifier
    Lack of traction, short wheelbase?
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Racer
    Just out running car and almost positive that any braking with the stock tires is what makes car spin out...no brake usually means no spin out....thinking about getting some hip x patterns for some grip

RC Racer
    I found the same thing with my Rally. Any braking with mine resulted in a spin out. The only way I have been able to brake without spinning out with stock tires is on dry pavement that is completely level while not touching the steering knob. More grippy tires should definitely help. I picked up some 1/16 stock slash tires for my car. Where I drive most of the time is in my drive way. (It's fairly large.) There is small rocks, pine needles and some tree roots bringing up the asphalt. That's why I went for something knobby and soft. The softer tires help a ton. Here is a pic of my setup right now.

The stock mini slash tires are a bit wider to so that extra rubber helps this little gut out a lot. Even with wet asphalt.

So just thought I would add after tonight, these stock mini slash tires end up in a spin out too. Tonight was the first night I ran my car with these tires and two stock batteries in a series. I found that with more rubber is more tire ballooning. When I hit 30mph (I'm estimating) the tires balloon and rub really bad resulting in one of the tires ceasing causing the care to spin out. Fail! Well there still great for rough surfaces but I will have to get some soft street tires that won't balloon at all or nearly as much.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-08-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: post merge