Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowTRX View Post
    I'll give that a try once I get the parts again. How do you use the soldering iron to get them off? Just put it against the grub until it heats up?

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    Yes - I just press the tip of the soldering iron into the grub screw try to get as much contact as possible and wait for it to heat up.

RC Competitor
    Drove about throttle directly into the tire of a parked car while doing a speed run on the street in front of my house. All of the impact was to the right front wheel of the p4de.

The only thing that broke was the end of the front shaft where the stub axle attaches. It cracked where the pin goes through, so the pin came out, and I also lost the bearing on the outside of the bearing carrier.

Not too bad, considering I was probably running about 50mph. Just a guess.... throttle on 3S with the Castle 2400kv geared 17/54 on trenchers.

RC Enthusiast
    Stripped hex and wheel can't wait for my wheel adapters

Quote Originally Posted by quinsdad View Post
    Drove about throttle directly into the tire of a parked car while doing a speed run on the street in front of my house. All of the impact was to the right front wheel of the p4de.

The only thing that broke was the end of the front shaft where the stub axle attaches. It cracked where the pin goes through, so the pin came out, and I also lost the bearing on the outside of the bearing carrier.

Not too bad, considering I was probably running about 50mph. Just a guess.... throttle on 3S with the Castle 2400kv geared 17/54 on trenchers.

Don't you hate it when cars jump out in front of your truck dude I have the same problem LOL........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Nothing first day for awhile

RC Qualifier
    Yay! Nothing today! Tomorrow is another story.

<P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC poster
    Lost the bottom half of a front shock, trying to decide to replace or upgrade them all now. The pictured bent screw was the second retaining screw that holds the shock guard on. Amazing how much stress you blow off by breaking expensive toys. Look forward to my next post.

Stampede 4x4 VXL- stock ... for now.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Don't you hate it when cars jump out in front of your truck dude I have the same problem LOL........peace
    Haha, yeah.... and the funny part, is that I saw it getting a little squirrelly when it was nearing the parked car, but was overconfident of my driving abilities and thought I would recover full control before it got too close.

Obviously, I was wrong

Yeah I have the same problem when up the park with trees and benches too.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by quinsdad View Post
    Haha, yeah.... and the funny part, is that I saw it getting a little squirrelly when it was nearing the parked car, but was overconfident of my driving abilities and thought I would recover full control before it got too close.

Obviously, I was wrong
    Too funny. I know the feeling......brakes schmakes, i got this, i'll just power out of it. Yeah ok.

RC Racer
    Nothing! - for a change . Recently seems like half shafts and stub axels were snapping or MIPs were coming apart and parts getting lost. Used a little red Loctite and so far so good!

RC Competitor
    Howdy all.

Sunday, just a few mins into a pack, my stock 3500 broke. Not sure of the name of the part, it's a bushing/bearing where the pinion/rotor/rod exits the motor. Called Traxxas, guy told me that this part only fails under extreme heat or extreme impact...I had neither. Body was off within 1 min of breaking, then on the motor as soon as I saw it wasn't the spur gear. Couldn't have been over 90-100F.

Ended up ordering from a newer company yesterday, got a Vicious Teknology Piranha 2-Pole 4400kv. Should be plug and play with stock VXL-3S ESC, so I'll just have to mess with gearing to avoid heat.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoeP View Post
    Too funny. I know the feeling......brakes schmakes, i got this, i'll just power out of it. Yeah ok.
    Yeah, exactly. Just like driving a regular car when you get a bit squirrelly.... let up on the accelerator a bit, let it settle a tad, then hammer back down on the accelerator

Good times!

RC Champion
    Time to Upgrade the front Diffs to XO-1 too:

Nothing but the local speed limit LOL......peace

RC Champion
    Nothing but the local speed limit LOL......peace
    Nice one spennie!

My truck is just running like a dream at the mo so I am a very happy manand yes i am known to my mates for setting off the local speed cameras........peace

RC Racer
    Disintegrated both the inner and outer bearings in the left rear hub carrier. Was ripping around and I just happened to be going slow when the rear wheel fell off! I figured I just forgot to tighten it all the way as I just took my Sand Paws off. Found a new bolt and tightened it back up. A few blasts around later the rear wheel looked wobbley. It was loose but the axel bolt was tight. I ended my bash session and just now took it apart. Both the inner and outer bearings are trashed and mostly gone.

Reasons for this? I do run in snow and water (melting snow) a lot. I always blast it dry with compressed air but maybe that's not enough. Open to thoughts and suggestions. Gonna stop by the hobby store and see if they have replacements but something tells me an upgrade is in order. Looks like botht he inner and outter bearings are the same size from an exploded view online - part 5116, correct?
    Last edited by IPT; 05-01-2014 at 04:16 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Get some boca bearings !

RC Qualifier
    Dang you 3s. Was having a blast on 2s, until I brought the 3s out. That ended quickly within 1 minute no joke.

Stripped wheel hex. My second one already. First was the proline wheel now the stock wheel. That 3s is going to rest for awhile after this haha

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by IPT View Post
    Disintegrated both the inner and outer bearings in the left rear hub carrier. Was ripping around and I just happened to be going slow when the rear wheel fell off! I figured I just forgot to tighten it all the way as I just took my Sand Paws off. Found a new bolt and tightened it back up. A few blasts around later the rear wheel looked wobbley. It was loose but the axel bolt was tight. I ended my bash session and just now took it apart. Both the inner and outer bearings are trashed and mostly gone.

Reasons for this? I do run in snow and water (melting snow) a lot. I always blast it dry with compressed air but maybe that's not enough. Open to thoughts and suggestions. Gonna stop by the hobby store and see if they have replacements but something tells me an upgrade is in order. Looks like botht he inner and outter bearings are the same size from an exploded view online - part 5116, correct?
    I had the same thing happen to me multiple times... I recently got boca bearings and so far so good, but I haven't run too much in snow lately so maybe that was the problem since I didn't really clean my bearings too often after running in snow and water.... on one side in the rear I have traxxas bearings and the othe boca, we'll see who wins haha the boca ones look of better quality so I think they will last longer

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin449 View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me multiple times... I recently got boca bearings and so far so good, the boca ones look of better quality so I think they will last longer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Get some boca bearings !
    Sweet, I'm gonna get some. Did you guys go with the entire set or just the hub carrier ones? Any recommendations on where to buy them?

RC Racer
    Sweet, I'm gonna get some. Did you guys go with the entire set or just the hub carrier ones? Any recommendations on where to buy them?
    I got the whole set, I bought them directly from the boca bearings website.
    I didn't want to deal with multiple small orders so I just got the kit and I will replace them as they fail lol but I haven't had them on long enough to say if they are actually better but I heard they are.

Hey dude can you give us a review when you have run them a few months because I have always toyed with the idea of getting a set .......peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin449 View Post
    I got the whole set, I bought them directly from the boca bearings website.
    Just got them, so we'll see how they do!

RC Racer
    Hey dude can you give us a review when you have run them a few months because I have always toyed with the idea of getting a set .......peace
    I sure can! I'm not an expert tho but I'll do my best

RC Qualifier
    Just as expected. Broken front stock shafts Lol. On 2s.

RC Qualifier
    Just as expected. Broken front stock shafts Lol. On 2s.
    Stock stub axles are defiantly not up to the task.

I appreciate the pics with the post's cause as we all know "a picture says a thousand words"

Plus I just like to see carnage.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Racer
    Man, I'm posting in this thread too often! Was doing some speed runs and ended up smacking into a tree stump. Cracked the front bumper.

Last edited by IPT; 05-02-2014 at 04:34 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    Stock stub axles are defiantly not up to the task.

I appreciate the pics with the post's cause as we all know "a picture says a thousand words"

Plus I just like to see carnage.
    Yup. Saw this coming. My MIP are missing parts. Matt from "Customer service" did not reply back whether they were going to send me replacement parts or not. I just ended up order the parts myself on eBay. Lol.

Man, I'm posting in this thread too often! Was doing some speed runs and ended up smacking into a tree stump. Cracked the front bumper.

watch out for those trees that jump out when you are doing speed runs and parked cars LOL.........peace

RC Racer
    For the second time I broke a stub axle, gotta upgrade those drive shafts some day lol

RC Qualifier
    Yup. Saw this coming. My MIP are missing parts. Matt from "Customer service" did not reply back whether they were going to send me replacement parts or not. I just ended up order the parts myself on eBay. Lol.

Well finally got word back from Matt, he will be sending rebuild kit. So will leave that for spare just in case

RC Champion
    Well finally got word back from Matt, he will be sending rebuild kit. So will leave that for spare just in case

MIP got great service

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    MIP got great service
    Yes! Had me worried for awhile since it's been a week since I've been trying to get in communication Lol

Mip are awesome at customer service and making strong products so it's a win win situation for us bashers......peace

RC Champion
    Mip are awesome at customer service and making strong products so it's a win win situation for us bashers......peace
    That's a true statement

RC Qualifier
    Just noticed wheelie bar was not connected right. Skid plate screws pulled through because i forgot to put the screw in my fingers in the pic back in when i rebuilt the rear diff. Lost the aluminum bulkhead tie bar in the lawn somewhere. After looking at my wrenching table i found the missing screw which caused a $15 mistake. Lesson learned... keep a tidy work area and make sure all the screws are back in. Doh!! I wonder how many traxxas parts are layin in lawns around the world. Bet i could build a whole truck if i could find them all.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Rear ring and pinion gear are starting to show some cavity:

Last edited by soundmaster; 05-05-2014 at 02:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Heard a bad clicking noise in the rear end while driving yesterday. Tore the rear diff apart and found a broken tooth on a spider gear. Replaced the gear and rubber seals, cleaned up everything else , re-grease, re-oil, replaced all rear bearing, re-assemble, and re-loctite all necessary screws. It will be ready to bash again tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will hold off till I'm done...
    The message above or below may or may not be true