Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Use red...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Use red...
    I just had to drill out a pin through an integy XHD shaft at the gear shaft! Used Red... Maybe Blue in that location next time!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    I just had to drill out a pin through an integy XHD shaft at the gear shaft! Used Red... Maybe Blue in that location next time!
    I have plenty of both. I do engine and transmission work on full sized cars too.

RC Qualifier
    After driving for a full 3s 5000Mah battery pack. Found that I only had three wheel drive. Broken right front axle stub. Sheared off the ears and lost, but then found axle shaft half on the ground. It is possible to have caused any damage to the diff since there was no load on one side?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    Is it possible to have caused any damage to the diff since there was no load on one side?
    Chances are you did no damage but it sounds like you need to upgrade from plastic half shafts to something stronger especially if you plan on running 3s
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    +1 for the Blue there

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    Chances are you did no damage but it sounds like you need to upgrade from plastic half shafts to something stronger especially if you plan on running 3s
    Yup. I have MIP Xdutyes in the rear but have not forked over $60 bucks for the front yet. I'll tell you.
    There was no signs of wear to the fronts. No twisting or egging. just snapped!

RC Enthusiast
    1x spur gear in 10 minutes

RC Enthusiast
    I had MIPs in the rear for a while, just broke my second front stock axel. I got a set of front MIPs from eBay for $50 shipped. Crazy to spend $100 just upgrading the axels but the MIPs are top quality and a replacement stock axel is $10 each.

RC Qualifier
    MIP's are awsome and I just wish I took more pics but I use a "modded' set of Rustler rears to fit the sock length a-arms which are the same ones used on the pro-trac kits.
    I just think it has less axle slop this way but that that's jmo.

If you look at the left side you can see what it looks like in running condition.

Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 10-22-2012 at 07:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    To date :

2x spur gear
    1x wheel bearing
    1x rear shaft (upgrade to Tekno)
    1x Wheelie bar

Stripped the rear wheelie bar mount screw holes but bodged together with slightly longer screws and washers.

RC Qualifier
    Not a thing yet again close to 20 packs now!

RC Racer
    Last night my son broke a front stub axle and I thought I has stripped a sput gear. Turned out a rock got stuck netween the slipper adjustment nut and chassis. It completly loosened the slipper clutch to the point where it wouldnt move at all.

But we had a really good time until we couldnt drive anymore. As we were walking back home, carrying our Stampedes, we joked that we need to build an R/C tow truck for when this kind of thing happens.
    Last edited by lowsaturn; 10-24-2012 at 03:23 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Bumper screws snapped right in two (x 2). Thanks for cheap weak points

RC Qualifier
    NOTHING, I'm still waiting for parts to come in to fix a MIP Xduty shaft. There for my P4de is just collecting dust on the shelf.

RC poster
    Playing at the local bike park, hit a 6 foot tall table top, got about 12 ft of air, traveled about 25 feet and came down front bumper first into the next ramp. Snapped the battery post off at the threads and tossed my 3's battery through the body..... So nothing major today.

RC Qualifier
    Piston chipped and a small fragment got lodge inside the case on my 3.3 jato. Took it to LHS and he said he never saw that before. Called support and they said...send it in. Keep in mind that I always run a bit on the rich side with plenty of smoke. Well, here's the kick in the pants. Traxxas won't replace it, nor will they send my old engine back. So much for brand loyal !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Qualifier
    I was driving my P4de down my street at full speed. My son was driving my P2de, he came across the street right into the path of my P4de. BAM!!!!!! My P4de survived. Must be the RPM A-Arms. The P2de suffered a broken right front tie rod. Totally fixable. Surprised the damage was not more than it was.

My rear bearing are getting cruchy so time for new ones...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    I was driving my P4de down my street at full speed. My son was driving my P2de, he came across the street right into the path of my P4de. BAM!!!!!! My P4de survived. Must be the RPM A-Arms. The P2de suffered a broken right front tie rod. Totally fixable. Surprised the damage was not more than it was.
    Thats because its traxxas tough
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    lost all drive to the car, after inspection found out that I broke the pin that drives the slipper...

RC Qualifier
    Found a new weak point in the drive line, seems after doing some 3s speed runs on the beach in damp sand with trenchers, mip's and slipper set to full tight I managed to rip the screws out of the diff carrier that attach the ring gear luckily all the gears were ok just had to replace the screws and carrier case.

RC Competitor
    Learned that when the bearing inside the slipper goes bad it loosens up so no drive then

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykeviper View Post
    all I get is a whine and no movement out of the motor shaft. Can barely turn the pinion by hand.
    Sounds like you snapped the rotor shaft inside the can. Been there, done that. Time for exchange.

RC Qualifier
    Nothing broke on my pede which is more than I can say for my buddy's rustler after some speed runs on the beach today lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by moody03svt View Post
    Thanks for info, I think. I will check over the manual again. Is the ring gear casing the same as the rear diff cover? I removed the cover which exposed the ring gears and there was grease all over inside but no fluid. Is the fluid inside where the large gear is still attached to the diff cover?

Sorry to hijack thread!
    There's supposed to be grease in the dif cases f/r. The fluid is 30K oil in the front dif housing (round black piece) which is inside the dif case. The rear dif is filled with grease. I've switched my rear dif to 100K fluid to get the positraction effect. Some people use "horsie grease" or STP. The black grease looks like "sludge" after a while.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gtlightning98 View Post
    I had MIPs in the rear for a while, just broke my second front stock axel. I got a set of front MIPs from eBay for $50 shipped. Crazy to spend $100 just upgrading the axels but the MIPs are top quality and a replacement stock axel is $10 each.
    That was hard for me too, and I put off the fronts as long as I could. In retrospect, it's probably the best $100 I've ever spent on it and greatly improved uptime. By that I mean more runs before you have to fix anything, even on 3S every day.

RC Qualifier
    Did some more beach running yesterday till I snapped another hpi screw/pin on one of my rear mip's, makes me wonder if ther is a better pin out there cause I been breaking these often on 3s.

Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 02-02-2013 at 11:28 AM.

RC Racer
    I broke 3 stock driveshafts within an hour of running

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykeviper View Post
    I think I burned a bearing in my 10 day old Velineon. Went to throttle after a rollover and heard a crunch like I had stripped a spur gear. I did strip the spur gear and after I got it changed I could not roll the truck. Took out the slipper clutch assembly and all I get is a whine and no movement out of the motor shaft. Can barely turn the pinion by hand.

At least I have no downtime. I didn't want to wait when I separated the magnet on my original motor. Sent it in for replacement and bought a new one from the lhs. The new one from Traxxas came in today

And the one I bought at the lhs is going out for replacement tomorrow

Guess I was wrong about downtime. The seized velineon took my VXL-3S with it
    I've seized a couple of motors, but the ESC must have shut itself down like it should. You might give Traxxas a call as it may be bad and not work (shut down when it should) with your new motor if you overcook it.

RC Enthusiast
    Broke both my steering blocks in the front!!!

RC Racer
    Todays payday so i might just go break the bank at my LHS today. Hmmm... What do i want? I don't know...EVERYTHING!!!

But so far i haven't actually broke anything.

Rustler + Lipo + Dirt = FUN!

RC Qualifier
    Drove 45 min to a spot ran 3min and it totally shut down cause the mmp ground wire broke off right next to the solder. And I brought 4 charged lipos!

RC poster
    Real wheel hex pin snapped on both sides of the pin!

IMG_1662 by jv2012ebay, on Flickr

RC poster
    Noobie basher here with my first break after 5 packs

absolutely demolished my wheelie bar 4 breaks and the wheel broke off.. super glued the creap out of it and now it's a wheelie bar with no wheels...

Also lost a body pin and the back pin slots are getting pretty beat up

RC poster
    I smoked my esc ( started smoking ) 120 bucks down he drian i also snaped a stock bearing holder by runing my truck over with a golf cart only thing that broke tho O and i aslo siesed up a motor 70 bucks
    Last edited by Donovan Meacham; 02-18-2013 at 04:13 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan Meacham View Post
    I smoked my esc ( started smoking ) 120 bucks down he drian i also snaped a stock bearing holder by runing my truck over with a golf cart only thing that broke tho O and i aslo siesed up a motor 70 bucks
    Its most likely a bearing internally. Just get a VXL motor rebuild kit. ~$8
    Everything overpowered...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    Destroyed another Pro-Line body, that makes 5 now.

At least my Slash rear bumper helped it to last a little longer and with the wheelie bar wheels on it, it seems a little more practical than the stock Stampede wheelie bar.

Keep the comments coming guys and gals.
    Are you reinforcing them around the body mounts and weak points? I got 11 months out of my stock body that I run every day and hit several telephone poles at high speed, etc. I'm now running a Raptor body now that has some cracks around the roof and one in front from a telephone pole that's been repaired. I put a thin steel plate in the bed of the stock body (underneath) so that the mounting pins actually went through that metal. I think that's why it lasted so long.

RC Qualifier
    Broke my first A-arm!

RC Racer
    Nice crack in my p4de!

13$ fix! Lol