Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Thrashed 3 packs at the pit and broke my bud's rusty when it ran into me, must have been the modified rustler mip's that did it lol
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    Haven't run 2 packs through my truck with my brand new taped trenchers and I managed to rip one
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC poster
    Bent a shock. Stuck it in the vise and straightened it out. Good as new. lol

RC Qualifier
    I split my Gens Ace hardcase open today

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I noticed mine have some slight tearing on the sidewalls. I just put some tire glue in the cracks and haven't had any issues. being taped, the sidewall takes a lot more of the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykeviper View Post
    Haven't run 2 packs through my truck with my brand new taped trenchers and I managed to rip one

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Yeah, I noticed mine have some slight tearing on the sidewalls. I just put some tire glue in the cracks and haven't had any issues. being taped, the sidewall takes a lot more of the force.
    It's glued now

I learned my lesson when I ran an untaped trencher with a small tear. I only did that because my ca glue wasn't with me. It didn't end well lol

RC Champion
    I think you guys are breaking your trucks to upgrade them lol. I'm guilty of doing just that...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    I think you guys are breaking your trucks to upgrade them lol. I'm guilty of doing just that...
    We would never do something like that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Stripped the hex on my brand new desperadoes, is there any way to fix it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmaxx 3905 View Post
    Stripped the hex on my brand new desperadoes, is there any way to fix it

You can try glueing the hex with ca to the wheel. I've done that before and it's worked...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks ill try that

I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    You can try gluing the hex with ca to the wheel. I've done that before and it's worked...
    +1 for that, I did it to a set of old T-maxx wheels for my revo.

I also used steel hexes and I'm sure aluminum would work fine as well.

I didn't like the idea of the snap on plastic hexes when things are kinda just hanging on and hex pins are a cheap thing to keep stocked in the pit box.

RC Qualifier
    I cleaned the sludge out of my rear dif and greased the gears and then filled it with heavy gear oil. It's much smoother than it ever was now. It used to have a spot where it would bind slightly before.

RC Qualifier
    I had this screw come out twice and it seems a lot of people have that or even break the tab off the ESC. I replaced this with a slightly larger wood screw (coarser thread) and it has never loosened or come out since.

RC Qualifier
    I had to do that with one of my stock wheel/tires too. I want to find a good metal rim for the next time I buy tires.

RC Qualifier
    Here's a fix that works for this. Cut out a small area around each rear mounting pin on your body (about 1" x 1"). Get a thin piece of say .016" sheet metal from your LHS. Cut out a piece of this to go from fender well to fender well and up toward the back window within an inch or so. I puty 90 degree bends on each side to end above the wheel cutout to give extra strength. Test fit this piece and mark where the mounting pin holes should be and drill out a small screw hole in each corner. Apply silicone RTV to this reinforcing plate and stick it on to the bottom of your truck bed. Put your screws in right away while you can still align it. Allow to drive overnight. You can then cartwheel to your heart's content. You may have to straighten the metal a bit from time to time, but it's quite crash resistant.

RC Qualifier
    MMP + Lake Michigan = NOOOOOO! got er wet as heck, opened it up, cleaned, wiped, dried , tossed ina bag o rice for a day, still no luck. I think i may have to send it in

RC Enthusiast
    Broke something today that i nev er thought id break the front drive shaft spline broke clean off todayt after jumping an 8ft wall and hitting nose first with my new 2s lipos

I found out the lamppost on the square around the corner here is definately on the wrong spot. Broke a front and rear A-arm.
    Only one spare, so time to order RPM. I doubt if that would have helped with the first crash, but the second one wasnt that bad.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    I am amazed by the stupidity proof that RPM offers. I hit stuff all the time, and with the front RPM bumper, and RPM a-arms, and shock towers, it just takes it like a champ.

RC Racer
    Out did myself today. After rebuilding the rear diff, and cleaning it all up, I quickly set my gear mesh and hit the dirt. Well, after about 20 feet, the spur gear was completely shredded. There was some rocks under the motor, and the gears did not mesh at all. Oh well, a cheap part and a lesson learned.

RC Qualifier
    Broke an axle carrier at the skate park.
    Sad thing is I left my pit box at home today so I had to sit and watch the rest of the guys play lol.

RC Qualifier
    [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/438c2c1a-3530-2530.jpg[/IMG

My will to continue to run nitro. New 3.3 in tmaxx and now this happened to my jato. Not even a gallon through it
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post
    My will to continue to run nitro. New 3.3 in tmaxx and now this happened to my jato. Not even a gallon through it
    What can I say but WOW! ! ! !

Never seen that before.

RC Qualifier
    I've broken the back end of two bodies around the rear mounting holes too. The last time that happened, I cut out the tore up part and siliconed on a piece of .016 sheet metal I bought at the LHS to the underside of the bed. I pre-drilled the mount holes and also put some screws in to hold this piece in place. It is still on and in one piece despite many cart wheels, jumps landing on the lid, and rear ending a tree. etc. The metal does bend sometimes, but you can just straighten it out and you're back in business. It's definately heavy duty compared to the thin lexan.

RC Enthusiast

Apparently forgetting to put truck in training mode before handing controller to 3 year old son is bad for the truck. Drove it full speed on 2s into the deck stair.

- Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - Todd

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rhuarc3 View Post

Apparently forgetting to put truck in training mode before handing controller to 3 year old son is bad for the truck. Drove it full speed on 2s into the deck stair.

- Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Looks like a good time to upgrade to alloy shock caps and RPM A-arms lol

RC Qualifier
    Just got finished swapping my truck from a Castle powered Sl4sh MT to a stock P4de again and noticed my left rear wheel was wobbling.

Upon closer inspection I found a broken RPM A-arm I only broke one stock arm after hitting a curb. No curb hits here...

RC Qualifier
    i broke my big block merv's heart today. I zip tied my mmp2400 stampede' suspension down and ran street fighter tires, so much fun! It can cartwheel forever and land upright which the merv never does. Thought the merv was a better street car but I'm ordering a 4s tomorrow and letting the merv get dusty

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykeviper View Post
    Just got finished swapping my truck from a Castle powered Sl4sh MT to a stock P4de again and noticed my left rear wheel was wobbling.

Upon closer inspection I found a broken RPM A-arm I only broke one stock arm after hitting a curb. No curb hits here...
    You are the second person I've seen do that to an rpm arm, the other was my buddy on his slash 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    After three packs today I decided to do some maintenance since it has been about 25 packs since the last tear down.
    Found 3 broken HPI pins in my MIP's, 2 in the front and 1 in the rear and a couple crunchy wheel bearings.
    Good thing I bought spare pins but it looks like I may need to stock up if I want to keep on pounding it with 3s bat's
    Last edited by NITR0 newbie; 07-02-2012 at 11:21 PM.

RC Competitor
    Broke the low voltage cutoff in my esc.

RC Qualifier
    My concentration..... Too many pretty girls at the beach today :-)
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Qualifier
    Hahahah nice, I didn't break a thing and don't plan on it for ever !!

... wel I guess I broke the body/shell
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

I ripped a screw out of my front shock tower after a major cartwheel. I thinki might go aluminum next time.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Competitor
    Burned up a Titan 12t

RC Qualifier
    ohhh man. thats painful to see. use a 7mm socket and grab your axle with pliers if you have to crank on it. Don't want to strip a wheel hex.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    This is what happens when you use too much loctite on a wheel nut. I even ground down a pair of tough needle nose to fit in the wheel and still could make it budge....so off with the wheel!

RC Racer
    broke my esc
    keeps stutering
    got 2 get a new one

RC Racer
    finished my pro line body yesterday, went outside on the road and wheelied to the upside down position and slid that way for 50' before flipping back over on its wheels like nothing happened. Looked at it close up, and it wore a holes in the roof
    4Pede ,MM-2650,Protrac, Power strokes,3s 8200= fun

RC Racer
    Thought i blew my rear diff, showing off my 3s on pavement at work. Started taking it apart and noticed the screw in pin holding my MIP CVd's to the diff was missing... I did loctite it... a cheap easy fix.