Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    After messing with a stuck button on the ESC, I was running again. Happily went full throttle down my driveway, hit a rock, which steered me so i clipped my garbage box with just one front wheel. Shattered the A-arm. The stub axle looks ok. RPM arms going on it today.

RC Racer
    Broke my pro kit today. Front left A arm. Had it two weeks, ran it three times and now broke. Sent email to pro line to see if they will replace. Broke at seam on back of arm
    "Nothing is meant to be stock very long"

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by severaltries View Post
    Broke my pro kit today. Front left A arm. Had it two weeks, ran it three times and now broke. Sent email to pro line to see if they will replace. Broke at seam on back of arm
    What did ya hit? Ive cart wheeled, hit pipes, snapped a castor block and knuckle off. And my arms are good. Was it cold out?
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    What did ya hit? Ive cart wheeled, hit pipes, snapped a castor block and knuckle off. And my arms are good. Was it cold out?
    Jumped of curb and landed, got on it and pulled it right off. With post picture of it

RC Racer
    Jumped of curb and landed, got on it and pulled it right off. With post picture of it
    I think I might of did it going up the bump for the drain in the gutter and noticed it ad i jumped off. Do you think they will warranty it? Look at the picture and then say.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    I've found that running a slash 4x4 rear bumper helps prevent some of the damage to the rear body posts and you can mount your wheelie bar wheels to them easily.
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

RC Qualifier
    I think I might of did it going up the bump for the drain in the gutter and noticed it ad i jumped off. Do you think they will warranty it? Look at the picture and then say.

Have you got sway bars or are those turn buckles solid mounted?

RC Racer
    Ya they where solid, after a day of playing I go through and check it

RC Qualifier
    My will power to continue to mess with nitro engines. Just about ready to put 15 rounds of .40 caliber ammo through my Tmaxx

RC Qualifier
    Ya they where solid, after a day of playing I go through and check it
    That most likely had a little something to do with them breaking there since you have effectively locked out your suspension to gain a cool stance.

RC Champion
    Yea why would you put camber links to the arms like that
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

My Front left RPM broke exactly at the same point, and my friend's slash too.

RC Qualifier
    Buy locking out the suspension you have moved all the force of impacts to the a-arm hinge pin.

Just make sure not to send any of the photo's to proline when you try to warranty them because they will most likely tell you to 'Pound Sand"

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
    Yea why would you put camber links to the arms like that
    Please explain, I'm a Noob. Thx

RC Champion
    Broke a rear driveshaft the other day. . . . Not because of normal use but because a branch of a tree got stuck in the spokes of the wheels and well the wood was stronger then the U-join area of the shaft :P
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Qualifier
    Speed run in a parking lot and a curb popped out in front of my p4de

RC Qualifier
    I'll be that was exciting, WOW! ! !

RC Qualifier
    I'll be that was exciting, WOW! ! !
    Yeah had about a 30 foot area of parts to pick up. Wheel went about 5' in the air lol
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykeviper View Post
    Yeah had about a 30 foot area of parts to pick up. Wheel went about 5' in the air lol
    Looks like you have a good reason to upgrade to rpm arms now lol.

RC Qualifier
    Looks like you have a good reason to upgrade to rpm arms now lol.
    I wish. I still have some Traxxas ones left :'(

RC Qualifier
    Rounded one of my Traxxas aluminum hexes. It stripped one of my desperados

Got it boiled off and glued back up to one of my spare desperado wheels

RC Competitor
    I broke the stub axle like 2 weeks ago and lhs still his not got it in
    Yep still not fast enough. :)

RC Competitor
    I was jumpin a set of 15' doubles (2' high jumps) that some kids built for BMXing...i gave it a little too much throttle off the lip so the nose was almost straight up once i was airborne...tapped the brakes, which immediately flipped it on it's lid right before impact! Both rear body post slammed right thru the body.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod View Post
    I was jumpin a set of 15' doubles (2' high jumps) that some kids built for BMXing...i gave it a little too much throttle off the lip so the nose was almost straight up once i was airborne...tapped the brakes, which immediately flipped it on it's lid right before impact! Both rear body post slammed right thru the body.
    I did the same thing to my stock body. I still run it, and the posts pop through everytime lol. I will be getting a proline body which are supposed to be much stronger then the stock bodies.

Found some fiberglass tape i uses to use on my planes. Thinking of using it and some CA or something else to reinforce it in the mean time. Maybe shoe goo.

RC Qualifier
    Today I seized another velineon motor. Yay for downtime

RC Enthusiast
    A little while ago I landed a decent size jump upside down and some how managed to snap the metal battery post in half leaving the threaded end inside of my chassis. I decided to just cut a small gap in the chassis just under the battery post and slip a zip tie in to hold the battery down. Up until today it has worked well but once again gravity one and the zip tie snapped the chassis to free itself. Now nearly the whole battery post end is gone.

Note to self. I need a new chassis and battery extension kit and a single zip tie is stronger than a plastic chassis.

RC poster
    PRE STORYGot my Stampede on Thursday, charged up the batteries Thursday night, drove it Friday (my Bday). The Girlfriend wanted one, but not the same one, after playing with mine, so we went and bought her a Mini E-revo. Bashed them all day between 3 people. My dad really enjoyed it, and wanted me to pick him up this used E-maxx at the LHS, which was a piece of poo. So me and my brother went halfsies and bought him a new Stampede, same as mine just different color. Bought him 2 2s LiPo's and a charger, and bashed them all day saturday.

DAMAGEEnded up snapping the front upper A arm on the mini E-Revo on saturday and then toasting the servo on Sunday and again on Sunday I busted the rear stub axle of my Stampede. The body is also completely toast. Also the charge that was supposed to be oh so good charged one battery and the fan came on and lights went out.

RC Qualifier
    Partially spun hex and broke an ear off the stub axle while popping it up and over curbs. Lucky me, Tower sent me a $20 off $50 coupon the same day. Tekno's for $26!

RC Qualifier
    If it counts as breaking something, I bent the screw closest to the bulkhead on my left front shock guard.

RC poster
    Havent broke anything in a week or so, too busy spending all my dough upgrading! My truck sits half assembled from Sat. / Early Sunday morning.Thanks to me losing a alum. tiebar to mount the front bumper and new RPM wide frnt bumper! Of course my LHS doesnt have it in stock! I think the last thing i broke was a rear axle stub, doing a test run at nite and ran over tree moss, only to get tangled in the rear axle to break off where it connects, Other than that im golden!!

RC poster
    how do you like those tekno driveshafts??? Ive been debating weather to upgrade to steel Tekno or MIPs, Really pricey compard to $9 for a heavy duty plastic Traxxas driveshaft, that ive never broke so far! Knock on wood!

RC Qualifier
    I'll let you know when I get them. My driveshafts twisted on the first pack, that is $18, plus the stub axle $5. If that happens twice, you could have paid for Teknos/MIP. Trenchers, 2950kv motor and 3S will do that though. Upgrading to Teknos/MIP is not only about the shaft, it the complete setup back there and the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by MDIDDY059 View Post
    how do you like those tekno driveshafts??? Ive been debating weather to upgrade to steel Tekno or MIPs, Really pricey compard to $9 for a heavy duty plastic Traxxas driveshaft, that ive never broke so far! Knock on wood!

RC Qualifier
    I broke my drive shaft and ordered some mip cvd's for e-bay
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmaxx 3905 View Post
    I broke my drive shaft and ordered some mip cvd's for e-bay
    put loctite everywhere on the mips, or yuoll just loose screws all the time.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    put loctite everywhere on the mips, or yuoll just loose screws all the time.
    Okay thanks for the help
    I blame it all on speedpede09

RC Enthusiast
    Yesterday I was jumping a hill into an empty concrete pond down the street and I landed my truck at 3/4 speed from 4ft high right into a groove where asphalt meets concrete. The front bumper hit this groove square on the front bumper and came to one heck of an abrupt stop. I broke the front diff input spline drive, my lipo hard case pack broke in 2 places, and the mounting tabs broke off my ESC. It was a pretty unlucky crash. I'm mostly just amazed that the chassis didn't crack at all.
    Last edited by traxxaskid; 04-25-2012 at 11:50 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxaskid View Post
    Yesterday I was jumping a hill into an empty concrete pond down the street and I landed my truck at 3/4 speed from 4ft high right into a groove where asphalt meets concrete. The front bumper hit this groove square on the front bumper and came to one heck of an abrupt stop. I broke the front diff input spline drive, my lipo hard case pack broke in 2 places, and the mounting tabs broke off my ESC. It was a pretty unlucky crash. I'm mostly just amazed that the chassis didn't crack at all.
    Any pics of the carnage?

RC Qualifier
    My daughter had my truck out back jumping a small jump I threw together. I broke a 6837 Steering block. I am not sure what happened. She came off the ramp what appeared to be fine. Drove it around a little bit. Then brought it to a stop a few feet from us. When she tried to move it again it kinda lurched and fell over. It was kinda sad to see... Any way, I guess now I can get those blue aluminum ones I have been eyeing =)

RC Qualifier
    Actually it was 6832 I broke. Oh well, might be time to upgrade them both.

RC Qualifier
    Today I found out if you have a small tear in a trencher and don't have any CA glue with you, it's a bad idea to run the truck with a 3s and castle 2400. I almost ripped the trencher off the wheel. At least I had one good one left from the last ruined set