RC poster

under steer issues

my truck plows alot in hard corners, i was thinking bout adding some weight to the front maybe around the a-arms or something. because at the moment the only way i can negotiate tight corners is to peg it and drift but that loses speed more often then not. so i was wondering if maybe metal front arms and bearing carriers could solve that by adding some weight and help balance the weight more. i run mostly on loose surfaces, and snow. i run the stock bf Goodrich replica tires and i love them so i'd like to stick with them and still have the grip that i want. i know one of you guys has a solution, help me please.
    Did my truck just scream medic?!

RC Enthusiast
    Have you tried other tires? Night and Day difference. I run j concepts bar codes and it just dives into corners. Handles more like it should

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Don't load weight on that is not a good corrective approach in my opinion.
    Is your vehicle stock, any mods to shocks or tires?
    If the rears have better bite they will push your through or into a corner, if you back off let the weight transfer forward to the front tires and make your turn and accelerate it might help. Certainly a better gripping front tire will be very very helpful in making it turn. Also proper alignment set up will help, Traxxas has info on the site for race set up settings.

Have you changed anything in the differential, if the diff action is tight it will also make the vehicle push/plow more.

Adding weight will only 'load' the suspension more and make it less useful and cause more weight transfer or roll when you turn and likely make the vehicle less stable.

Speed influences steerability, sometimes slower will be faster

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you carve out the front stop on the battery tray, you can mount the battery further forward. This will get you the additional weight on the front wheels you want, without adding any weight to the truck.

RC Champion
    Now if we could make that a a 'weight transfer' set up we could benefit for both traction and steering LOL
    I just keep looking at that weight behind the rear axle, that can't help with the motor hanging that far back.
    I like the idea of having room to adjust battery placement, hmmmm another little mod to do LOL

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yep the tray is very long if you carve it out. I keep thinking 2 little 3 cell batteries end to end might fit, letting me run a 6s setup while keeping a stock-ish look.

RC poster
    i've been looking into new shocks the ones i have are dying out. they are the stock ones. and so far as tires go. i've been looking around i've just been generally uninterested in what i've seen. my diff action is also pretty relaxed.
    Did my truck just scream medic?!