RC poster

Whats tires should I get if I explode the stock ones?

Hey

i run 2 stock batteries with speed connector, what tires should i swap to if my main aim is to bash it with a mate that runs a stampede (3c lipo with spur n pinon up to the 60+mile upgrade).

Cheers?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Buggy Rear Dirt Hawgs
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    dude if your summit makes it through a bash with a stampede, get back to us with your set up! You will soon be saying, "why didnt i buy a stampede?" if ya keep driving next to a stampede. The poor little summit is in a league of its own, sadly!
    But tyres, dirt hawgs are pretty sweet, i just found that on bmx track type surface they spin up way way to much, not good for these little over heating suckers! On the street and light DIRT (dirt that would turn to mud when you put water on it), there off the hook! Also i found that with the dirt hawgs there was much less roll over in corners which is a BIG plus for this truck. Change your gearing aswell when you change tyres!

RC poster
    I mostly bash in longish grass, about stock wheel hight, some mud bashing, wheelies, and some fairly hard cornering... should I go for some 1.9rims with a crawler tyre on it?

crawler tires are very soft. i havent had a chance to run mine yet since i installed my 1.9 beadlocks with some RC4WD tires. but i dont see them standing up long if you are driving it expecting it to handle cornering. they are truly for crawling. super SUPER soft compound.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC poster
    Thanks for the info, I was thinking those tires from the look on the grip, but as u said super soft does not fit what I want,

Any other thoughts on the 1.9 rims?
    Or what tire I should run?
    Should I just replace the stock tire and continue?

cant be a whole lot of help there, i was only looking for Crawler rubber when i bought my 1.9 axials.
    i never did have problems are complaints with the stockers. until i swapped to a crawler set up, the grip just wasnt there with them. i was going to replace them but figure i would make the jump to a crawler tire instead.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    im now running hpi mesh wheels, with stock summit tyres. The summit tyre on mesh wheels arnt as tall as summit tyre on summit wheels. reason being is coz the hpi mesh wheels are wider. So the side walls dont sit as tall making the side walls not as flexie around corners. great for dirt bashing, lots of grip. great through grass thats just taller than the chassis. For rocks great grip put the wide tyres arnt as good as thinner tyres for harder rock climbing.
    hard cornering, you want wide off set wheels like the hpi mesh wheels or there are another wheel combo thats a tad wider than the mesh wheels. But if ya always wana bash it in the fast range, go with dirt hawgs and lighter oil in the front diff and heaps thicker in the rear. Like i prob mentioned above, that prevents roll overs less and helps with making the truck drift more. Mines rear diff locked and even with the grippy summit tyres im getting good drifting and heaps more stability. would be even better results with the dirt hawgs! ill chuck my hawgs on on sunday and give it a bash. Im convinced ive found a diff, and tyre combo that wil make the mini summit a better fast basher.

RC poster
    Sounds great, what's the part number of the wheels?

Did u use the stock foam?
    What is the part number if the tire you are trying?

Please let me know you got go on sunday, but it sounds like I'll be doing the same thing very soon.