RC poster

NEW to the forum and i have an idea

just picked up my slash svt raptor edition last month and wanted to jump in some nice forums to findout the best way to go about building my truck. my goal is to build a weekday basher/ weekend racer. im in love with taking it apart and building it and knowing every single part and exactly what it does, im 26 and in the army and stationed at ft benning georgia.

also on a sidenote, i was thinking about ways to improve the rigidity of my body without adding much weight and it hit me, bedliner or rhino lining, if sprayed lightly on the inside of your body it should theoretically improve the total rigidity of the body and increase crack resistance. please tell me if anyone has tried this or if its a good idea. i understand for a racer it probably wont mean much but for basher's it could be a very good way at saving money. just a thought though.

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum. I want to say thank you for all you guys do to protect our freedom. I have seen bodys on Ebay with spray on liner. The guy says they are nearly indestructible. I would suggest the Proline Protrac suspension kit. It really helps the handling of the Slash. I did this mod on my Slash vxl. It is very inexpensive and will help protect a very vunerable are of the Slash.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC poster
    i am completely infatuated on doing a LCG conversion with the anza kit for my weekend warrior.

maybe there is a small market there for a RC based spray on product which will improve rigidity but be lighter than actual bedliner because the last place you really wanna add weight is to your body because it will raise you CG.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-04-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Champion
    You're on to an idea I had about coating the underbody for strength. Here is a link to some products for consideration that will be much lighter I believe than bedliner material. Try Amazon and search for 'spray rubber' multiple products likely to work. Go one step further, take some spray foam minimal expanding and fill the radius areas and high impact corners first then spray over them with the rubber! The spray foam generally is very light and very strong.

Welcome to the forum and good to think outside of the box. Best to you and another thanks for what you do

RC Competitor
    Welcome too the forum, thanks for everything you guys do... I really like the bed liner idea!
    Use less brakes

RC poster
    here is my inspiration for how i want to paint it. i was always infatuated with pro circuit and the graphics they ran on their team SPLITFIRE motocross bikes. what do yall think? will it translate well? it surely will look awesome and once i do the anza conversion i will be glad to say i have one nice ride

another idea is to take those covers they make for touch screens and other devices, you can cut it and apply it to areas where scratching and or road rash are most likely ala- the hood, top of the fenders, etc. that way you dont gouge the body and all you have to do to make it look new again is basically Tear-Off and replace, this will protect the body, its paint if you paint the outer shell, and will keep your ride from getting those deep scratches that are noticeable after a few rolls on pavement.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-04-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: post merge
    BASH---CRASH---REBUILD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    OLD to the forum and I have a suggestion.

First off, the tears off, the lil things on a cell phone aren't going to cut it.

Next, the body liner idea is a fun one... but are you going to paint it on the inside or outside of the body? Its only going to help if its on the outside, but its going to make for a funny looking truck. I could see masking off some areas... how much is bedliner anyway? I thought it was fairly expensive, as compared to the cost of a new body.

Finally... there's a cost to running rc's. Thats just the way it goes. Of course you can control the costs quite a bit, by controlling your driving...

Now I understand my rc budget is different than most, and "just buy a new one" isn't good advice... but it sure is fun to paint a new body, to try out new tires, to test out a new battery... I'm not mad when I break things, I look forward to the next replacement, the next step of evolution for the truck. Its taken many different forms so far....

RC poster
    im not making these suggestions out of any sort of necessities per se, i just like using my mind to think of ways top improve things i lose sleep sometimes thinking of things to do or brainstorming ways to create something so far out of the box but also extremely rational and simple. simplicity is productivities best friend
    BASH---CRASH---REBUILD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey I'm all for experimenting.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t=aerodynamics

Try a search of threads I've started....

RC poster
    i really would like to hear what you guys think of my paint scheme inspiration? which one is better?
    BASH---CRASH---REBUILD

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    That paint scheme would look great, the one on the top bike thats green and yellow, not the the one with the red white blue and green.

Thats a cool idea for a basher. There are mods using shoogoo and nylon drywall mesh tape that work killer. it is not sprayed on, you just put a bit on in needed areas. You tube has some vids. Either way, you do not want to race with a heavy beefed up body. You could have 2, 1 reinforced heavy duty for bashing, and 1 lightly painted and not beefed for racing.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    my friend runs a thin layer of fiber glass in his rusty and thus far has worked out rather well. but i imagine the day he does finally crack it it's gonna be a mess.
    Did my truck just scream medic?!

RC Competitor
    i love those graphics on those KX's, im a huge motocross/supercross fan, and i think those graphics would look cool on a slash body

RC Champion
    I'm 27 and in the US Merchant Marine. I got the raptor and then destroyed the body. I bought two more that I found on ebay(not the $100 ones) I ordered the slice lcg kit that should be in this week. I used fiberglass on my second raptor body but that will be the last time I do that. A lot of paint got removed and I'm not to happy with it. I'm going to try some kind of truck bed liner on my third body. Those bodies look pretty sick!

Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410