RC Competitor

How do I raise my slash

The question is the title. I would also like to know should I buy stiffer springs or change the oil? Its kinda two Q's in one so can you answer separately.
    thanks

RC Racer
    One easy way, is to buy rpm height adjustable body mounts to replace your stock ones. about 20 bucks for both
    It has three different heights you can choose. I don't know if that's how much extra height u need, but
    I got these to fit my proline trencher tires b/c they are a bit bigger then stock.
    Change the oil for second question.

RC Competitor
    I don't get it. is there stiffer oil?

RC Qualifier
    Do you want to raise the body or the chassis?

RC Competitor
    i want to raise the body

RC Racer
    If u wanna raise the body just get the mounts he was talking about. If you wanna raise the chassis just stiffen your suspension with the preloads the car comes with

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ASneakyGoomba View Post
    If u wanna raise the body just get the mounts he was talking about. If you wanna raise the chassis just stiffen your suspension with the preloads the car comes with
    +1

On the shock oil: yes there is thicker oil. It will affect your trucks handling but will not raise the chassis or body.

RC Racer
    This will raise your body and is actually a good upgrade, the stock body post are flimsy.
    RPM adjustable body post here is a pic.
    http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...2&click=106800

RC Racer
    I purchased some extended body post but ended up cutting the ends and drilling a hole thru them then. I used a longer hex screw and placed them between the shock mount and the body post holder. It pretty solid and has taken a lot of abuse.

It gave me about 9/16 of an inch lift, I needed this to clear the 2.8 trenchers but it not enough, at high speed, when the tire balloons it will rub. I am looking for a new body now.

Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post
    I don't get it. is there stiffer oil?
    Shock oil (which is actually silicone) comes in different viscosities. Most shocks are filled with 30wt oil. If you want the shock to move fast, you either use a piston with more holes, or change to a lighter shock oil, like 20wt. If you want the shock to respond slower, you put in heavier shock oil, like 40wt, or use a piston with fewer, or smaller holes.

In short, you use the shock oil, the pistons, springs and swaybars to tune your suspension.

In crawlers, it is common to run 50-60wt oil so the axles can be carried over a crevasse before they unload. On a fast truck, you can use different shock oil weights to control chassis roll.

Back on subject:
    You can also get a set of Stampede 4x4 shocks, this will raise the ride height nicely.
    Last edited by Greatscott; 01-04-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Bigger tires!

RC Racer
    Yep ^ get proline trencher tires they are about an 1 in diameter bigger then stock, and buy the adjustabel body post RPM to raise body.