RC Enthusiast

How do I buy tires and wheels for the slash?

I'm looking at buying tires and possibly wheels for my slash to get some better traction. I think what I want is something like the Pro Line Hole Shot. When I'm shopping around I see things like this. How do I interpret these numbers?

SC 2.2"/3.0" M4 (Super Soft) Tires
    2.0 2.2" Off-Road Buggy Rear Tires

Some times I see just one number like 2.0, other times I see 2 numbers like above. I assume one is wheel diameter.

I am assuming that I will stick with stock wheels. Is there any reason to change wheels. Is there a consideration when buying tires as to what wheel I have?

RC poster
    2.2” refers to the outer bead and 3.0” is the inner bead. You could potentially just use the stock wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Well the SC is the short course, that's what the Slash has. M4 < - is how soft the tire is.
    so M4 Super soft
    M2 Meduim

the 2.0 2.2 would be like Rustler tire.
    Hope that helps.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    standard slash size is 2.2/3.0. You probably cant run anything smaller than 2.2 straight across. The M# is the compound rating. Soft=hookup but wear out fast, hard=less traction but more life span

GL
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'

RC Champion
    if you want traction for the street, grass, etc go with trenchers. if u want the track, go with holeshots

RC poster
    If you will be racing at your local track, outside, on the typical asphalt setup, Street Fighters are definitely a good choice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can put new tires on the stock rims, some prefer the look of new rims.

If your racing, I like to check out what the fast guys use, the get a set of those.

RC Enthusiast
    I never noticed before that one side of the wheel is a larger diameter than the other. Is that a Traxxas thing? So if I stick with my stock wheels, will any 2.2/3.0 tire fit these wheels?

My local track seems to run HoleShot, Wishbone. I do like to run in the grass, dirt and street around the house. Would something like a trencher be an improvement over stock tires for around the house?