Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not using them myself. i spend some stupid money on RC but i cannot justify spending that much on hex adapters.

And thanks
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    any link to the site?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=hpp+17mm

i think these are the ones.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=hpp+17mm

i think these are the ones.
    Priceless !!!

lol i dont know the site, i heard the price from someone and knew right away i dont want them lol.

Finally swapped to Slayer original arms to tuck the wheels a bit and eliminate the body rub provided by the Slayer Pro 4x4 arms.

Now i just have to tweak the suspension to bring the wheels back out a little bit. Fill the holes a bit more. Right now i have them out about 4 threads on the pillow balls. Should be able to bring them out a couple more turns, and it will look pretty slick.

RC Racer
    Hey Cameron I came across +6mm hubs that help bring the wheels back out. I'm not a fan of Integy but they work well....so far no premature bearing wear. MFG#C23101silver....

I really wasn't a fan of having to turn the pillow balls so far out.

I might have to check those out, i too do not like having the pillow balls so far out. At least on this it isnt jumping or anything like that to add extra stress to that pocket.

RC Racer
    Just figured I'd put a pic up.
    They also help out with the wobble a little.

Those dont look too bad, and for $20 they are worth a shot

RC Racer
    yup yup...

RC Qualifier
    nice looking build def gonna be one fast inferno ooops I mean revo
    V Twin Emaxx
    inferno gt2 aka XO1 Destroyer

Thank you

At the end of the day i have the GTP2e if i dont like the handling characteristics of this, i can always turn it back into a ERBE.

RC Qualifier
    its a cool project i understand why you would do it... but Im interested to hear how it handles... off topic i drove my buddies xo1 the other day this is the 2nd time driving it and wow talking about sloppy handling feels like driving a few year old F150 vs a new skyline gtr LOL
    V Twin Emaxx
    inferno gt2 aka XO1 Destroyer

well it sure tracked pretty straight across the kitchen floor at WOT... lol
    So that's a bonus if you do the silver lining thing haha.

Once the spring sweep is done (hopefully this week) i'll be able to get out and drive it more than just back and forth on the front street at like 50% throttle max, probably less. Too much rocks and grit out there right now, you get up on top of it and slide all over the place.

RC Qualifier
    what body is that red and white one?

Red and white body is a PF8GT from Protoform. Not the perfect fit as you can see, the ERBE has a wheelbase that is about an inch longer but it works. (sorry for the late reply, never saw a new post in here)

Got the Integy +6mm hubs installed today. They looks great, "seem" pretty well built. time will tell i guess. Never thought i would install integy anything on any of my RC's but these fix a problem so i'll give them a shot.

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW Permagrin.

Until the CC fan wire melted and the MMM shorted out. Caught it before it did any damage, luckily it just shut off and blew off a bit of smoke.
    But up until then WOW WOW WOW. even pulled it back to only 20/36 to start with on my 5400mah 50c 2s SPC's.

I have another MMM here i can use in the mean time. I did have a spare case and fan so i did replace that and it is working again. But i'll probably send this to Castle just to get checked. Wont replace it if i don't have to.

RC Champion
    This is a sick looking car. I can only imagine how well it handles.

It handles really nice, its a little too "drifty" right now but i haven't actually put a camber or toe gauge to it yet.
    More or less just eyeballed.
    Steering wanders a tiny bit with the 2075 but nothing to the point where i feel the need to go out right now and buy a better servo. But at slower speeds and through the twist's its just fine.

Just need to find a good spot to run them. I finally got the Ofna GTP2e up and going too.
    Picked up the Spektrum DX3c radio too, its pretty slick

Another nothing really new post... questionable weather and lack of parts has kept progress slow.

Wow you have 2 ERBE's? Yeah sorta lol

RC Racer
    Soooo by now you should of had some decent weather and the junk from winter should be off the roads. Any update on some speed runs??

no radar gun so i cant verify anything but it is too fast for where i drive it Covers a lot of ground in a hurry.
    Might pull it down a couple teeth and just enjoy it as a big TC lol

Or find a new parking lot with less obstacles haha

First preview for the SC8 race truck shell. I'll be decalling it tonight

Rear wing is from the 1/7 scale Nitro DM-1 from Ofna. Had i known i wasn't going to end up running the Revo rear wing i wouldn't have cut the body out, found this wing long after i cut out to make room for the Revo wing.
    I used decals from everything haha, top grille is from the SC8e covered the AE logo with a traxxas logo.
    Center lower grille and headlights are from a Slayer I think maybe a slash.
    Side inlets on the front fascia and the side in front of the rear wheels are from my Ofna GTP2e.

Just need to finish trimming the foam bumper so the body doesn't kick up like it does.

RC Racer
    Loving the SC bodies on the ERBE GT.....VERY NICE!!!

As cool as the Vette is this is just off the wall unique as far as im concerned. A custom 1/8th scale Nastruck on the Erevo platform.

Your move Traxxas. lol

They already one upped us ERBE-gt crowd with the XO-1, now that i have put a truck body on it im sure they will come out with a 1/8 or 1/7 version of the Kyle Busch truck to really anger everyone who is waiting for a 1/5th gasser lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ive read all your threads and posts on your GT build progress cameron. I have an Ultra GTP2E and am not crazy about it not being a traxxas. I have no spare parts for it.

After reading all youve done here I think this is the route I want to go. But just so I can get this correct could you verify a list of parts youve used for me.

Original Slayer Arms (front and rear)
    Slayer pro driveshafts (or did you have to use the original slayer driveshafts?)
    Stock Shocks lowered with Slayer springs
    Integy 17mm adapters (+6mm)

Ive built a slash into a Slash RR road car long before anyone else had done it using a PF8 body and it turned out amazing so I understand all the modding and customization the bumpers and body posts require. But in terms of suspension components, is my list about right?

If I can do this for a decent price ill be stripped the electronics from my GTP2E for this. Do you think its worth it? Is it better? I just bash around empty parking lots but I find the Ultra to be just do darn low... its always getting kicked around by rogue pieces of gravel.

Finally, Id want to use the proper length corvette body so the wheels line up right. Where was the cheapest place you found to buy one? I can't believe they sell for almost $100 shipped on e-bay. Thats nuts.

Thanks for the help man. I only want to do this if it turns out that its a good parking lot bashing car. My ultra is impressive but just not exactly what I'm looking for.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post

Finally, Id want to use the proper length corvette body so the wheels line up right. Where was the cheapest place you found to buy one? I can't believe they sell for almost $100 shipped on e-bay. Thats nuts.
    igthobbies has the gt2 bodies unpainted for 69 shipped

Just found Amain has them for $65 plus free shipping. I think ill get one there. Btu thanks for keeping an eye out.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Looks darn good Cam!
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Champion
    Pave for driveshafts you can always cut down revo shafts. That is what i have done to my e-slayer .

i bought my Vette body off ebay, shortly after, they popped up all over the place again for the same price. I was worried for a bit that Kyosho had stopped making them. But really i think any of the bodies made for/to fit the GT2 from Kyosho should be pretty darn close on WB. Only thing i think there is to watch is the hood height, unless of course you cut the front tower off like i ended up doing. The Corvette hood over top of the stock Revo front body tower keeps the body elevated as it hits right in the low spot on the hood.

Thanks Brody

I am going to cut down ERBE shafts if i start seeing issues with the slayer shafts. I have the original slayer shafts on there now. (but i don't think they changed anything on the Slayer Pro4x4 since they only extend like 12-15mm further or so to each side. Not worth making them longer and new parts IMO)

Long overdue update. Been having a blast with my E-slayer and new Summit so this has seen a bit of neglect recently.

I have been battling back and forth on setup for this. The big battle is keeping the car low enough to minimize the fender gap while also leaving a bit of suspension movement and maintaining some ground clearance. I have finally settled on an amount of travel limiting that i am happy with. on all 4 corners i am running for limiting the blue bumper and 2 pushrod spacers between the piston and the bottom of the shock body. Adds up to 10mm of limiting. I never measured what that relates to in ride height, but it keeps it nice and low front and rear.

compressed rear

compressed front

I'm glad you showed off your limiters... I think I'm going to add in the spacers like your using and cut the springs. I have a set of sway bars as well but I don't think they are going to fit under the front of the body... I didn't think about using the pushrods spacers. Good idea.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

i tired fuel line first but the springs pulling back ended up tearing the tubing. Decided to go solid.

Took a page from Paves build and did something i should have done in the first place and got the front bumper from the Ofna much more level with the ground instead of being flush with the kick-up on the ERBE skid plate.

The immediate downside i did notice however is with the pegs tilted forward they may not work with the SC8 shell i have as the holes were very close to the front of the hood as it was. i'll take a look at that tomorrow night and see.

Couple pics for your viewing enjoyment.

spacers

trimmed the ofna bumper back, i noticed it was flexing pretty hard behind the back screws when i tried tilting it. figured this will be putting enough stress on the bulkheads as it is, no need to add to it if i know that bit of plastic isnt needed for anything.

sits pretty much flush now.

here is how much was there.

Corvette sexiness.

Leave it to me to botch the 2nd hole... i have dynamite post markers, decided to freehand them and go figure messed one up.

Nice man, glad I could contribute something after stealing all your ideas for my ride. Hehe.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

hehe, i never did this mod in the first place. I had intentions of doing it, but it fit so good flush to the skid plate i think i forgot to do it, and by the time i had all the bodies recut (i have 3 of them for this rig) i didnt want to add even more holes.

Im happy i did it, the corvette does fit much better now.
    Now i just need to take the MMM combo from the Eslayer and put it back in there and drive the darned thing.