Thread: body shells

RC poster

body shells

i have a traxxas nitro sport and was wondering what shells would fit (i have posted this in here as the sport and rustler have the same body shape

would love to fit a beetle shell or pick up truck or monster type shell is this possible (evven with a few body mods

if anyone has any pics that would be great

or is there any better shells that would suit it?

cheers baz

RC Racer
    You should only post in one area, the mods will probably close this one so I will answer over there.

RC Champion
    Theres a bunch of bodies that will fit. I have seen a beetle body before but im not sure who made it or what truck it was for. Most bodies for the stampede will fir with a little cutting. Pro Line makes a few nice bodies for the stampede. HPI makes a few bodies for the Rush and Firestorm that should work. This is my rustler with a Proline Chevy Silverado stampede body.
    Shaggy...

RC Champion
    Yeah next time, just lie and tell us you have a rustler lol. Were down to help.
    Shaggy...

RC poster
    cheers lads well t will be a rustler once i upgrade it all lol

love that Proline Chevy Silverado stampede body was it hard to make it fit or a near or direct fit

RC Champion
    Thanks! I'm not sure how I feel about the paint job. I wanted something different and thats what I ended up with. lol However, i'm not sure if I like the color. As for fitting the body, as long as you take your time and think it through, its not hard at all. It was a close fit but the wheel base is a little shorter and it dose not have an indented spot for the rusty/ sport mount on the rear shock tower. Stampede rear body mounts will work on a rusty/ sport but will raise the rear of the body so I didn't use them. RPM makes front and rear adjustable body mount. I have the front mounts and love them. After I took those pics, I raised the front a little and not the body sits level and looks better. If you want to do the rustler conversion, I have most, if not all, of the parts you would need. There not in the best shape and I have to take a look to see what I have and whats missing. If your interested, let me know and ill try to dig everything up. $20 sound cool? If not, no worries. I highly recommend the conversion cause the bell crank steering really makes the front end stronger and protects the servo. Like I said, my parts are a little beat and if you were going to use an aftermarket chassis, it might not be worth buying my stuff. Anyway, best of luck with your project and don't worry about the fact its a sport, we are more than happy to help you out on the rusty forum.
    Shaggy...

RC poster
    cheers mate the colour looks good TBH i may have to get the same body i have an idea so once i got it will do my project and up a few pics
    would take you up on the upgrade off but im in the UK mate so will cost more in shipping lol

RC Champion
    LOL, why didn't I think of the shipping? The part number on that body is PRO335700 to make it easier for you to find. You can copy me on the body but don't copy me on the colors lol just kidding
    Shaggy...

RC Enthusiast
    Baz, I have a Beetle body on my Rusty. I'm not 100% sure of it's origins, but I believe it's a Kamtec shell. With a good amount of trimming it'll fit right on the standard Rusty mounts. Looks a treat too...

RC Champion
    Hey Bob, got any pics? Thanks
    Shaggy...

RC poster
    hi bob pic would be great would love to see how the fit is

RC Enthusiast
    I'll throw a picture up in a bit. Be warned, she's a tatty looking beast right now. Skateparks take their toll...... I'll be getting a new shell soon hopefully...

RC Champion
    Skate park bashing just might be the most fun you can have with an RC. I only been once and then the local park was ripped down ):
    Shaggy...

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, I'm a bmxer and up until last year worked at a skatepark so lunchtimes were either riding or bashing. I did intend to film a little edit where I rode a section then copied it with the old Rusty, jumping hips and making gaps etc, but never got round to it...